***Official Investment Banking 2022 Summer Internship Thread***

Watch this thread
Poll: Which division are you most interested in?
IBD (285)
37.25%
Sales (35)
4.58%
Trading (88)
11.5%
Research (37)
4.84%
Structuring (8)
1.05%
Quant Analytics (59)
7.71%
Asset Management (113)
14.77%
Private Wealth Management (48)
6.27%
Technology (49)
6.41%
Operations (6)
0.78%
Risk Management (27)
3.53%
Compliance (10)
1.31%
silverswan2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RatedRSuperstar)
Group chats are shitshow no one really help one another which is obvious as most of the people are stranger to each other so better you create small group chats with the people you know and help one another
I actually disagree, I think most ppl on the GCs(for Springs at least) are usually rlly rlly friendly and nice. After all, everyone wants to network and get to know others who are doing the same thing and may help in the future....

Is it different for Summers though, maybe you're right then if it is haha
Last edited by silverswan2002; 1 year ago
rockfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Group chats are shitshow no one really help one another which is obvious as most of the people are stranger to each other so better you create small group chats with the people you know and help one another
I respectfully disagree with this. Some people are unable to just "create small group chats with the people they know" as they sometimes simply don't know anyone that is interested in pursuing a career in finance. Additionally, as pinkleopard558 mentioned in their post, it's always great to have the opportunity to network with others.
Last edited by rockfish; 1 year ago
saknas
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard of using a SI in IBD at a MM to get a SI in IBD at an EB/BB the following year?
yzyz7
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
so early
rockfish
Rep:
(Original post by saknas)
Anyone heard of using a SI in IBD at a MM to get a SI in IBD at an EB/BB the following year?
I guess a SI at a MM would look good on your CV if you are applying for a SI at an EB/BB, but I don't really see how it would automatically get you in.
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Wouldn't call it "using one" but I've seen it happen.
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Re: group chats earlier. Obviously no group chats for summer 2022 are going to exist. Considering recruiting doesn't start for at least another 5 months (and that's just for P72, 7-8 months for everything else), there's no reason for a group chat to exist. If you want one just make your own but all you'll be doing for the next 7 months is circle jerking each other. Even the SA 2021 group chats are all completely dead now.

Group chats during season are useful, not necessarily for networking but for understanding how things are progressing and getting hirevue questions.
kkllookkkk
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
SI?
rockfish
Rep:
(Original post by kkllookkkk)
SI?
Summer Internship.
ravman123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
When does the recruiting cycle start for BB's, EB's and MM's?
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rockfish)
Summer Internship.
Ngl I thought the person meant spring insight. Either way the advice stands.
yopierre
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you think there are better chances to get a summer in Singapore/HK than in London for an European?
rockfish
Rep:
(Original post by yopierre)
Do you think there are better chances to get a summer in Singapore/HK than in London for an European?
Depends if you have the right to work in Singapore/HK and also if you have the language skills for HK.
yopierre
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rockfish)
Depends if you have the right to work in Singapore/HK and also if you have the language skills for HK.
I'm good in Chinese, but yea, I guess it would be about sponsorship, I think in France it is quite easy to get a visa, so no probs right?

Would they rather take people from Singapore/HK and already have the right to work, or I can give it a shot?
rockfish
Rep:
I'm good in Chinese, but yea, I guess it would be about sponsorship, I think in France it is quite easy to get a visa, so no probs right?

Would they rather take people from Singapore/HK and already have the right to work, or I can give it a shot?
I've heard it's a little more competitive for non-locals. But if you really want it you should give it a shot.
username5350992
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

If you are an european why you need a visa for France? Are you turkish? Or from the country which is not part of EU. Forget about HK/Singapore until and unless you speak Mandarin fluently or have the citizenship. Focus on European market
Last edited by username5350992; 1 year ago
123xyz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
when do you guys reckon is the best time to apply for summer internships?
I was planning to try to get majority of mine sent off before the start of uni (end of September early October)
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123xyz123)
when do you guys reckon is the best time to apply for summer internships?
I was planning to try to get majority of mine sent off before the start of uni (end of September early October)
As early as you possibly can is the best time as long as being early doesn't diminish the quality of your application.
yopierre
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you are an european why you need a visa for France? Are you turkish? Or from the country which is not part of EU. Forget about HK/Singapore until and unless you speak Mandarin fluently or have the citizenship. Focus on European market
I meant as a French, is it difficult to get a visa for Singap/HK.
And the reason is that I'd like to work in APAC, but if it's harder to get into APAC now, I guess I'd have to wait later
rockfish
Rep:
Anyone got any spring weeks they're hoping to convert?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
27.47%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.07%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.79%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.3%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.49%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.4%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.2%

Watched Threads