***Official Investment Banking 2022 Summer Internship Thread***

Watch this thread
Poll: Which division are you most interested in?
IBD (285)
37.25%
Sales (35)
4.58%
Trading (88)
11.5%
Research (37)
4.84%
Structuring (8)
1.05%
Quant Analytics (59)
7.71%
Asset Management (113)
14.77%
Private Wealth Management (48)
6.27%
Technology (49)
6.41%
Operations (6)
0.78%
Risk Management (27)
3.53%
Compliance (10)
1.31%
kkllookkkk
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
Depends what firm but for most banks, they will pay you a pro-rated graduate salary (no bonus of course). For the front office roles in an investment bank (Research, S&T, IBD, CB etc.) that's around 40-60k depending on the firm. Apart from like prop trading and some hedge funds, you don't get much that pays higher.
Also sorry what does pro rated mean ?
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kkllookkkk)
Just to clarify I was asking about 2nd year internship which is for summers , no way it can be that amount 🤯
And that is what I was answering. I said pro-rated which means you only get paid proportionally for the length of the internship. 40-60k is a full years salary. Simply proportion those amounts to the 6-10 weeks you'd spend on a summer internship to get your pay.

E.g. salary of 52k, internship of 10 weeks = 52000/52*10 = £10k paid over the course of the internship.
kkllookkkk
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
And that is what I was answering. I said pro-rated which means you only get paid proportionally for the length of the internship. 40-60k is a full years salary. Simply proportion those amounts to the 6-10 weeks you'd spend on a summer internship to get your pay.

E.g. salary of 52k, internship of 10 weeks = 52000/52*10 = £10k paid over the course of the internship.
Thank you for explaining
rockfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I created a thread on bank cultures if you are interested in watching/contributing:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post93790326
baizen2000
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This thread is scary
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Check out my new guide on what to do if you don't secure a spring/summer internship:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6940372
123xyz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, is it necessary to get a first in your 1st year of undergrad in order to get a summer internships in your 2nd year? Or is it ok to get a 2.1?
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123xyz123)
Hey guys, is it necessary to get a first in your 1st year of undergrad in order to get a summer internships in your 2nd year? Or is it ok to get a 2.1?
2:1 is fine. A first may help though.
uncritical
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As if I've just seen a post on Linkedin that 17 firms (EB/BB/MMs) have opened up for summers. I hate it here lol
Matt_4231
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uncritical)
As if I've just seen a post on Linkedin that 17 firms (EB/BB/MMs) have opened up for summers. I hate it here lol
Link?
ravman123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Think that this will be in the US
rockfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bump.
silverswan2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ravman123456)
Yeah thought so as well
Last edited by silverswan2002; 1 year ago
uncritical
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ravman123456)
ur prob right that would make more sense. almost died inside seeing that post.

(Original post by Matt_4231)
Link?
was ages ago sorry
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
US recruiting seasons starts around now for some firms. This has been happening for several years now, doesn't change anything about EMEA.
username5581402
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rockfish)
Why do people keep on saying the conversion rate for JPM is 0%? It says on the website for spring weeks that "all programs feature the opportunity to be accelerated to an Assessment Centre for a 2022 Internship". Am I missing something?
but I think JPM flag you or something. I think something like that happened last year so you're still at an advantage
123xyz123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey guys, im a first year maths and stats students
i wanna go into quant finance in the future
what would be the best summer internship divisons to apply for?
i know you can apply to jane street, citadel, jump trading, de shaw for specific quant internships, however they are extremely competitive
i know most bb don't do quant related internships, so which division would be best for me to apply to, in order to help me with my quant career

cheers guys i really appreciate it
anonuser99
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123xyz123)
hey guys, im a first year maths and stats students
i wanna go into quant finance in the future
what would be the best summer internship divisons to apply for?
i know you can apply to jane street, citadel, jump trading, de shaw for specific quant internships, however they are extremely competitive
i know most bb don't do quant related internships, so which division would be best for me to apply to, in order to help me with my quant career

cheers guys i really appreciate it
S&T, research what desks are more quantitative. Consider doing tech internships too (like in actual tech firms). The quant is more important than the finance in "quant finance".

Projects help too, building your own stuff.
123xyz123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
S&T, research what desks are more quantitative. Consider doing tech internships too (like in actual tech firms). The quant is more important than the finance in "quant finance".

Projects help too, building your own stuff.
thanks for the help mate!
username5581402
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
is there any way to tell what day firms will open? I assume now is too soon but what about in a few months time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads