The Student Room Group

When do I apply to university?

How will predicted grades work this year?I'm stressed.😢
Original post by jwolfie123
How will predicted grades work this year?I'm stressed.😢

I think not too differently, just that after the predicted grades your teacher give, the final CAGs will also be from your teachers, but that doesn't stop universities from giving conditional offers or rejecting as usual
Reply 2
Original post by *****deadness
I think not too differently, just that after the predicted grades your teacher give, the final CAGs will also be from your teachers, but that doesn't stop universities from giving conditional offers or rejecting as usual

But Covid really has impacted my learning and I didn't do so well in the last mocks.Do you know when I start to apply to uni.
But Covid really has impacted my learning and I didn't do so well in the last mocks.Do you know when I start to apply to uni.

when do you expect to start university?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
when do you expect to start university?

Maybe this year.i assume
Maybe this year.i assume

If you plan to start university in autumn 2021 then you'll have the most options if you apply before the 29 January deadline.

What do you want to study? Have you spoken to anyone at your college/school for help and advice and to arrange an academic reference?
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
If you plan to start university in autumn 2021 then you'll have the most options if you apply before the 29 January deadline.

What do you want to study? Have you spoken to anyone at your college/school for help and advice and to arrange an academic reference?

No I am going to apply to uni I'm still in year 12 and I want to study medicine and I fear that my predicted grades are going to be low after my recent test.i don't want teacher assed grade I just want to take the as exam in the summer so that I can have a chance to get into cambridge
No I am going to apply to uni I'm still in year 12 and I want to study medicine and I fear that my predicted grades are going to be low after my recent test.i don't want teacher assed grade I just want to take the as exam in the summer so that I can have a chance to get into cambridge

I suggest you start working on improving your relationship with your teachers. UK exams have been cancelled so your teachers are going to have a lot of control over your awarded AS grades and your predicted A level grades.

Have a look in the medicine forum (click that link) for information about applying for medicine.
You still have a year to raise your predicted grades. Just make sure you continue to work hard and with your teachers and do well on tests they send you.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
I suggest you start working on improving your relationship with your teachers. UK exams have been cancelled so your teachers are going to have a lot of control over your awarded AS grades and your predicted A level grades.

Have a look in the medicine forum (click that link) for information about applying for medicine.

I am currently working at 2ds and one c but I have reflected my grades and I am now working hard.Do you think there's a chance that exams could still go on?Do you think I still have a chance to go Cambridge?
Original post by chloenix
You still have a year to raise your predicted grades. Just make sure you continue to work hard and with your teachers and do well on tests they send you.

Wait but i thought the year 12 AS exams gave you your predicted grades?
Reply 11
Wait but i thought the year 12 AS exams gave you your predicted grades?

Nope. Predicted grades are done in the first term of year 13 based on what your teachers think you are capable of. Just chill out and do really well in any tests between now and then. You'll be back in school before that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending