chapter vs topic - which is it?

Watch
superbo9y
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is a bit controversial, so here is the question...

is a small 'topic' (e.g. equivalent to one lesson) a topic or chapter?

i always duel my friends about this, i think its a topic, because a chapter is like a whole book!!

im right, arent i

arent i??
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could be either
superbo9y
Rep:
?
idk , guess it don't rlly matter either 😂🤷🏾
TrES2b
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i like to think topics are within chapters

so the chapter may be "algebra" but the topic would be "factorising"
e l l a
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
topic.
superbo9y
Rep:
?
But if you look in the CGP revision guides. paper 1........ e.g. has 4 topics

and paper 2 has 5 topics... so its chapter..?
yiyev46858
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
This is a bit controversial, so here is the question...

is a small 'topic' (e.g. equivalent to one lesson) a topic or chapter?

i always duel my friends about this, i thinkmaths its a topic, because a chapter is like a whole book!!

im right, arent i

arent i??
Maths is a subject, made of many sectors that I would call modules. A module for me personally is something like Algebra and functions, which branches off to smaller chapters like laws of indices, surds, inequalities and etc, those then branch again into many topics (algebra and functions->laws of indices ->[laws for multiplication, division, raising to the power of zero and etc art the topics]), and finally those topics branch off to bitesize points. shameless plug but checkout my study website (practicepractice. net), I'm making a structure like the one i described with sorted questions down to the single topic, including sorted exam questions .
yiyev46858
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yiyev46858)
Maths is a subject, made of many sectors that I would call modules. A module for me personally is something like Algebra and functions, which branches off to smaller chapters like laws of indices, surds, inequalities and etc, those then branch again into many topics (algebra and functions->laws of indices ->[laws for multiplication, division, raising to the power of zero and etc art the topics]), and finally those topics branch off to bitesize points. shameless plug but checkout my study website (practicepractice. net), I'm making a structure like the one i described with sorted questions down to the single topic, including sorted exam questions .
so to answer your question, it's probably a neither I think you need at least 1.5-2 lessons to cover a chapter and 1/2 a lesson or a bit less to cover a topic.
superbo9y
Rep:
?
huh, so what would you cover in, say a month.. a topic or a chapter??
superbo9y
Rep:
?
and to confuse things even more... here's what i found [attached]

yeah this won't end anytime soon 😆
Attached files
superbo9y
Rep:
?
and also yiyev46858 dw man you can plug all day, i don't mind, its free and plus it helps everyone out in their revision, ill definitely checking it out, the physics notes are going to prove very useful (for me anyway!!), so don't worry - there can't be shame in anything that helps people out 😄

however, if you want more attention, i suggest posting it in an open thread, where its more public, than here.

And... on that note... ciao thread ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
yiyev46858
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
huh, so what would you cover in, say a month.. a topic or a chapter??
probably a couple of modules, in a month of school you can learn Differentiation, Integration and probably another shorter chapter. this is from start to finish with practice. if you're cramming probably more than that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise