The Student Room Group
University of York
York

How long does it take for York to give offers?

I sent off my UCAS application on the 18th December and have gotten 3 offers already. I was wondering how long the University of York usually take to send out offers as they're my top choice and I'm getting rather impatient lol.

I applied for film and TV production if that helps?!
I sent my application on the 9th of December and about 20 minutes ago, I received an offer.

It can be tough waiting, but I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer soon. I'm assuming since it was sent right before Christmas break, you may just have to wait a bit longer as they haven't got around to processing it.

Hope this could help in some way :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by AveriNova
I sent off my UCAS application on the 18th December and have gotten 3 offers already. I was wondering how long the University of York usually take to send out offers as they're my top choice and I'm getting rather impatient lol.

The uni will have been on Christmas break by the time you sent your application and will likely have only returned around the 4th Jan, probably with a skeleton staff due to COVID and some people working from home. I’d imagine that combination may mean there’s a bit of a delay processing applications. Try not to stress, they have got until May sometime to reply so try and find a way to keep your mind off it!
Reply 3
Original post by Edwardlrc
I sent my application on the 9th of December and about 20 minutes ago, I received an offer.

It can be tough waiting, but I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer soon. I'm assuming since it was sent right before Christmas break, you may just have to wait a bit longer as they haven't got around to processing it.

damn 20 mins ago!!?? congrats! based on ur time frame I might hear something next week but who knows rlly lol. Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
The uni will have been on Christmas break by the time you sent your application and will likely have only returned around the 4th Jan, probably with a skeleton staff due to COVID and some people working from home. I’d imagine that combination may mean there’s a bit of a delay processing applications. Try not to stress, they have got until May sometime to reply so try and find a way to keep your mind off it!

Thank you! kinda started losing my patience today cause i got a bit too excited seeing my track had updated this morning thinking it was York but it was Hertfordshire lol
Thank you! kinda started losing my patience today cause i got a bit too excited seeing my track had updated this morning thinking it was York but it was Hertfordshire lol

Don’t worry I definitely understand how frustrating it is! Try and keep yourself distracted so it doesn’t drive you mad 😂

Hi @AveriNova thanks for your question. Application turnaround times can vary across departments here at the University of York but our Admissions Teams are assessing them all the time. Hopefully you will receive a decision from us soon :smile:

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator
Original post by Edwardlrc

Hi @Edwardlrc congratulations on your offer! If you have any questions about the University then please let me know :smile:

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator
Reply 8
For me
COVID19→No A-level exam→Low grade→Rejected→Grade changed→E-mail admission team my new grade→No reply→re-send the argue E-mail→Offer accepted
I got my final offer by the end of July

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending