The Student Room Group

Can i change my university choices after submitting?

I am aware you can change 14 days after sending off UCAS and i sent off my application on friday. I wanna change Sheffield to Exeter but will i be penalised for this? Like will the universities get angry etc? Many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
hello :smile:

of course they won't!!! the other university you change to won't even be notified you switched from another choice, they'll be more than happy to have another application for their uni.

and as for the other one, if you're not applying there who cares!! you're not penalised for changing a choice, they wouldn't give you the option to change it within 14 days if it would be bad for you
Reply 2
Original post by aliaa03
hello :smile:

of course they won't!!! the other university you change to won't even be notified you switched from another choice, they'll be more than happy to have another application for their uni.

and as for the other one, if you're not applying there who cares!! you're not penalised for changing a choice, they wouldn't give you the option to change it within 14 days if it would be bad for you

Thank you very much!! definitely reassuring. Just one last question i narrowly missed their required grade for maths gcse but i meet all the a level requirements, and i also apply for contextual offer which reduces that further to BBB, because i got a 4 in maths and not a 5 will i be rejected? i also am doing an EPQ which im predicted an A in though im not too sure if they take that into consideration
Original post by Arsloki
Thank you very much!! definitely reassuring. Just one last question i narrowly missed their required grade for maths gcse but i meet all the a level requirements, and i also apply for contextual offer which reduces that further to BBB, because i got a 4 in maths and not a 5 will i be rejected? i also am doing an EPQ which im predicted an A in though im not too sure if they take that into consideration

Call them to check before you swap your choice. It may be an automatic rejection so you need to find out first.
Reply 4
Original post by Arsloki

no problem :smile:

i applied for vet medicine this year despite not having 2 of their only required gcse grades. i got a 5 in maths and 7-6 in science when they wanted a 6 in maths and a 7-7 in science.

unfortunately even if you have the A level predicted grades // an EPQ (which yes does lower your offer by 1 grade) you STILL have to meet any of their GCSE requirements.

i had to resit my maths and science gcses and applied with pending results and still received an offer which is conditional to me meeting both the A level grades as WELL AS the gcse grades when i get my results for those back :smile: if in doubt shoot them an email!
The GCSE Maths question is important - this is a key skill and usually its not flexible at all.
As above, email and ask before asking for a course switch.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
The GCSE Maths question is important - this is a key skill and usually its not flexible at all.
As above, email and ask before asking for a course switch.

Thank you! Thats wise. i filled out their enquiry form yesterday morning and still haven’t received a response. They don’t seem to have an email either for prospect students so im not sure how to contact them. Their phone also goes straight into voicemail as many staff are at home
Original post by Arsloki
Thank you! Thats wise. i filled out their enquiry form yesterday morning and still haven’t received a response. They don’t seem to have an email either for prospect students so im not sure how to contact them. Their phone also goes straight into voicemail as many staff are at home

Which phone number have you tried? Admissions or the main switchboard?
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Which phone number have you tried? Admissions or the main switchboard?

Admissions and their enquiry form online, i have no idea how else to get in contact with them
Original post by Arsloki
Admissions and their enquiry form online, i have no idea how else to get in contact with them

Try the main switchboard and ask to be put through to someone in admissions.
Original post by Arsloki

Probably a rejection I was in the same position and I contacted unis and they said they will reject me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending