Aastik
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, I would like to engage in adjustment for 2021 entry from results day onwards.At the moment, I’m not happy with my ucas choices, my top choices were imperial, which I got rejected( most likely due to my predicted grades). I’m now considering a slight course change ( aerospace to mechanical engineering), just to broaden my opportunities in engineering field after undergrad(most likely will head into aerospace as masters , from mechanical engineering bachelors). This explains why couldn’t apply to ucl,as I’ve already sent my ucas application back in October. Is it possible to enrol into UCLs mechanical engineering course through adjustment, let’s say if I achieve A*A*A* , when their entry requirements are A*AA. Is there anyway they could accept me with this grade(if I achieved that is), even if there are no vacancies left for mechanical engineering? I’m really hoping to go UCL, as my parents won’t allow me to take a gap year, even though I’m not happy with the university I applied to(I’ve had imperial as only my hope back then).
pineapple201
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Aastik)
Hi, I would like to engage in adjustment for 2021 entry from results day onwards.At the moment, I’m not happy with my ucas choices, my top choices were imperial, which I got rejected( most likely due to my predicted grades). I’m now considering a slight course change ( aerospace to mechanical engineering), just to broaden my opportunities in engineering field after undergrad(most likely will head into aerospace as masters , from mechanical engineering bachelors). This explains why couldn’t apply to ucl,as I’ve already sent my ucas application back in October. Is it possible to enrol into UCLs mechanical engineering course through adjustment, let’s say if I achieve A*A*A* , when their entry requirements are A*AA. Is there anyway they could accept me with this grade(if I achieved that is), even if there are no vacancies left for mechanical engineering? I’m really hoping to go UCL, as my parents won’t allow me to take a gap year, even though I’m not happy with the university I applied to(I’ve had imperial as only my hope back then).
Sorry if you mentioned this above, but have you applied to UCL? I don't think you can apply for adjustment without applying to the university first. For Imperial, they don't go into clearing and also will not consider you if you get rejected.
You seem like a really bright student and my parents feel the same way about a gap year. What universities have you received offers from, if you don't mind me asking?
Aastik
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by pineapple201)
Sorry if you mentioned this above, but have you applied to UCL? I don't think you can apply for adjustment without applying to the university first. For Imperial, they don't go into clearing and also will not consider you if you get rejected.
You seem like a really bright student and my parents feel the same way about a gap year. What universities have you received offers from, if you don't mind me asking?
Wait I don’t get your point, you said you can’t apply for adjustment if you get rejected or if you didn’t apply in the first place. Btw, Bristol, queens Mary and nottingham is all I’ve got offers from, still no reply from Manchester just yet.
pineapple201
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Aastik)
Wait I don’t get your point, you said you can’t apply for adjustment if you get rejected or if you didn’t apply in the first place. Btw, Bristol, queens Mary and nottingham is all I’ve got offers from, still no reply from Manchester just yet.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that if you got rejected, they won't consider you for adjustment. At least this is what my teachers have told me. I guessed from your first post that you didn't apply to UCL and so that's why I was saying you can't use UCAS adjustment. In terms of Imperial, since you got rejected, I don't think you can go through adjustment as it's only for offer holders.

If you wanted to apply to UCL, you're going to have to do so next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads