The Student Room Group
thats exactly what I did
Reply 2
Original post by jamesli322
thats exactly what I did

did they answer to any of your applications?
Original post by corex12
did they answer to any of your applications?

actually i applied to all three CSML, DSML, ML, but no response so far...
Reply 4
actually i applied to all three CSML, DSML, ML, but no response so far...

thank you for the reply :smile: may i ask how long was your personal statement?
Original post by corex12
thank you for the reply :smile: may i ask how long was your personal statement?

a bit more than 1 page. I used the exact same for all three given it's so similar... hopefully the same person in the admissions team doesn't have to read it three times.
Reply 6
Hi there @corex12 @jamesli322
I think you can certainly apply to both DS and DSML. DS is under the statistics department and DSML is under computer science department so there assessment should be done separately.
I've applied to DSML but I'm not so confident with my application given the past admissions statistics... I did a non-CS science degree in UCL with half of the modules in maths/stats. Achieved a low first in Year 2. I am considering applying to DS as well. May I ask what your backgrounds are?
Reply 7
Btw I saw on another forum someone who applied for Machine Learning Msc got an offer already.
He studies Aerospace Engineering MEng at Sheffield and achieved a 76% in year 3 with a few ML related internships and some publications. He submitted 12 Dec and got a reply on 8 Jan
Original post by cngzlsh
Btw I saw on another forum someone who applied for Machine Learning Msc got an offer already.
He studies Aerospace Engineering MEng at Sheffield and achieved a 76% in year 3 with a few ML related internships and some publications. He submitted 12 Dec and got a reply on 8 Jan

Suprised that they have a response so soon!

Applications completed for CSML mid Nov and ML & DSML mid Dec, but still waiting for a decision... Have checked with the admissions team and they mentioned it's still with the department.

Bit of my background of myself, undergrad in stats from the US and a masters in financial engineering from Imperial. Have been working in an investment bank for a few years now and wanted to do a career switch into a machine learning related role.
Reply 9
Suprised that they have a response so soon!

Applications completed for CSML mid Nov and ML & DSML mid Dec, but still waiting for a decision... Have checked with the admissions team and they mentioned it's still with the department.
Bit of my background of myself, undergrad in stats from the US and a masters in financial engineering from Imperial. Have been working in an investment bank for a few years now and wanted to do a career switch into a machine learning related role.

hey there:smile:

hope we manage to get in at UCL. I really like their masters . I come from a Computer Science background with a 90% achieved in second year and 4 months of work experience related to Data Science and ML.
Reply 10
Original post by corex12
hey there:smile:

hope we manage to get in at UCL. I really like their masters . I come from a Computer Science background with a 90% achieved in second year and 4 months of work experience related to Data Science and ML.

90%? I don't personally know anyone getting above 85%! I'm sure you'll get in.
I have a 74% overall but flopped one of my stats modules (Stochastic Processes/Markov Chains) which is really important for ML. But still I satisfy all the entry requirements on the website. I'm really hoping they value my UCL undergraduate background.
When did you guys complete the application?
Reply 12

I submitted 10 Dec, going to apply for DS soon
Reply 13

submitted DSML on 18 of January and DS on 7 of Jan
Reply 14
Just got an offer for Machine Learning MSc! Might withdraw DSML and DS now :wink:

Original post by corex12
submitted DSML on 18 of January and DS on 7 of Jan
Original post by cngzlsh
Just got an offer for Machine Learning MSc! Might withdraw DSML and DS now :wink:

congrats man!
Reply 16
congrats man!

Cheers mate, hope everything goes well with your applications!

Latest

Trending

Trending