The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Offer Holders for 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I currently hold an offer for Economics and Business with Eastern European studies
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by 24ioan
Got my offer for med a few weeks ago and was waiting for a thread like this. Who's abit worried that online lectures might trickle into next year aswell?

Congrats on your offer! I'm starting med this year after deferring my entry last year.
I bet by September it'll start getting back to normal - im pretty sure it won't all be online like this year. guess we'll just have to wait and see though

are u going to put ucl as you firm choice?
Hi! Offer holder for history here!
Reply 23
Original post by jw131001
Congrats on your offer! I'm starting med this year after deferring my entry last year.
I bet by September it'll start getting back to normal - im pretty sure it won't all be online like this year. guess we'll just have to wait and see though

are u going to put ucl as you firm choice?

Thank you.Yh I'm probably going to firm UCL it seems great. I hope it goes back to normal, even though first year is mostly theory, it would be nice to go into lectures. What made you defer?
Original post by 24ioan
Thank you.Yh I'm probably going to firm UCL it seems great. I hope it goes back to normal, even though first year is mostly theory, it would be nice to go into lectures. What made you defer?

yeah I agree - id much rather do lectures irl than sit in my room and be in a teams meeting. that's mainly why I deferred tbh, I just thought it would be better waiting a year and hoping things would be back to normal by then
Reply 25
yeah I agree - id much rather do lectures irl than sit in my room and be in a teams meeting. that's mainly why I deferred tbh, I just thought it would be better waiting a year and hoping things would be back to normal by then

Well it looks like u made the right choice, it must be so hard for first years atm .
Hi! I recently got an offer for Natural Sciences :smile:
Hiiii, I got an offer for medicine last week 😜 does anyone know when UCL will be doing the online offer holder events?

Also let's all get to know each other! What A-Levels are you guys doing? Where abouts are you from? (please don't send me your exact geographical co-ordinates I'm pretty sure doxxing is banned on TSR😂) What's your favourite songs? idk 😅
Original post by 24ioan
Well it looks like u made the right choice, it must be so hard for first years atm .

oh yeah - a lot of my friends started this year and they're finding it hard having to do everything online. it must be hard for you guys in year 13 though because you're all online too aren't you?
Reply 29
oh yeah - a lot of my friends started this year and they're finding it hard having to do everything online. it must be hard for you guys in year 13 though because you're all online too aren't you?

Yh its pretty hard but I guess there's no choice but to keep going if I want to meet that offer. Did u get affected by the grade situation last year?

Original post by tipexmaster25
Hiiii, I got an offer for medicine last week 😜 does anyone know when UCL will be doing the online offer holder events?

Also let's all get to know each other! What A-Levels are you guys doing? Where abouts are you from? (please don't send me your exact geographical co-ordinates I'm pretty sure doxxing is banned on TSR😂) What's your favourite songs? idk 😅

Hey 👋 well done on the offer . There's an A100 UCL specific offer holders thread if your interested , although its abit empty at the moment . I'm doing bio chem , maths and econ . I'm from London and lived here my whole life. Wbu?
Original post by 24ioan
Yh its pretty hard but I guess there's no choice but to keep going if I want to meet that offer. Did u get affected by the grade situation last year?

Hey 👋 well done on the offer . There's an A100 UCL specific offer holders thread if your interested , although its abit empty at the moment . I'm doing bio chem , maths and econ . I'm from London and lived here my whole life. Wbu?

Thankyou! And you too :biggrin: And I didn't realise that- I'll have a look at it. I'm doing bio, chem and maths as well (I don't think I could manage a 4th a-level 😂) I'm from a kinda rural area in the West Midlands, so to anyone not local I guess I could best describe it as near Birmingham/ Wolves? Looking forward to move to a city though!
Reply 31
Thankyou! And you too :biggrin: And I didn't realise that- I'll have a look at it. I'm doing bio, chem and maths as well (I don't think I could manage a 4th a-level 😂) I'm from a kinda rural area in the West Midlands, so to anyone not local I guess I could best describe it as near Birmingham/ Wolves? Looking forward to move to a city though!

Yh 4 is feeling like abit much atm 😂. It must be exciting to you. London is amazing but I can imagine it being quite a big culture shock when coming into a big city. For what you said about offer holders events , I'm guessing that they won't really host anything until abjt later maybe when we decide our firm and insurance choices .
Original post by 24ioan

Yeah I can imagine - good luck with it though im sure it all work out well in the end. tbh I was one of the lucky ones - it didn't really affect me too much - I think if anything it actually helped because I for sure wouldn't have done as well if id actually had to sit the maths exam lol. hopefully they'll have a better system in place for you guys this year though so that its not as much of a mess.

btw do you have a link for that offer holders chat you mentioned? I've had a look but I can't find it.
Reply 33
Yeah I can imagine - good luck with it though im sure it all work out well in the end. tbh I was one of the lucky ones - it didn't really affect me too much - I think if anything it actually helped because I for sure wouldn't have done as well if id actually had to sit the maths exam lol. hopefully they'll have a better system in place for you guys this year though so that its not as much of a mess.

btw do you have a link for that offer holders chat you mentioned? I've had a look but I can't find it.

Yh I hope so too , it’s still very uncertain atm . https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6894744 lemme know if that works , I’m not very good at linking things .
Original post by 24ioan
Yh I hope so too , it’s still very uncertain atm . https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6894744 lemme know if that works , I’m not very good at linking things .

That’s great tysm :biggrin:
Anyone got engineering offers? If so what were u predictions? Anyone applying with predictions lower than entry requirements and still manage to get an offer?
Original post by 24ioan
Got my offer for med a few weeks ago and was waiting for a thread like this. Who's abit worried that online lectures might trickle into next year aswell?

what are your stats x
Reply 37
Original post by browngirl08
what are your stats x

hey, GCSEs : 999999999988
Predicted : A*A*A*A*
UCAT : 2970 B1
BMAT: 5.4 , 5.4 , 4A
Original post by 24ioan
Yh 4 is feeling like abit much atm 😂. It must be exciting to you. London is amazing but I can imagine it being quite a big culture shock when coming into a big city. For what you said about offer holders events , I'm guessing that they won't really host anything until abjt later maybe when we decide our firm and insurance choices .

It is, though I am a bit worried that I'm being naive at times and only thinking of London as like a touristy place :colone: ah well its all good fun. And yeah I was thinking it was still kinda early, just wanted to check I hadn't missed anything!

For you and any other Londoners on the thread (I swear almost every applicant I've talked to is from London 😂) I was wondering if you guys are planning on staying in halls, or will you commute? My parents were talking to me about commuting today but there's no way I'm adding an extra 2 hours to each end of my day 💀
Reply 39
It is, though I am a bit worried that I'm being naive at times and only thinking of London as like a touristy place :colone: ah well its all good fun. And yeah I was thinking it was still kinda early, just wanted to check I hadn't missed anything!

For you and any other Londoners on the thread (I swear almost every applicant I've talked to is from London 😂) I was wondering if you guys are planning on staying in halls, or will you commute? My parents were talking to me about commuting today but there's no way I'm adding an extra 2 hours to each end of my day 💀

Atm I'm planning to go in halls for a number of reasons. It will probably give me a better social experience, teach me more life skills by living alone and make it feel like more of a campus uni if you live closer to the area . Of course I could save a ton of money by staying at home but I think your only really given this opportunity once to be an undergrad uni student so I feel like it's worth it. Commuting 2 hours does not sound fun. Yh I don't think it would be very convenient cos you would have to factor in journey times all the time. It would be much easier to be nearby to the libraries and facilities whenever u need them. Also , London always has various opportunities or events going on, it would probably be easier to just remain in the area . However , there are people that do it so maybe its not that bad .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending