Exams are back on but it's undecided whether we'll be doing mini or external exams

Watch
Clauxery373277
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How do you feel? Pretty much the education secretary said we will be sitting either internal exams (called "mini exams") where basically we will get tested on some of things that we've learned at our colleges so far or external exams (this is what they are looking into the possibility of bringing back).

However these will be used as extra evidence of a grade a teacher gives you. So let's say someone got a D in their actual exams but their teacher thinks they are capable of better than that, then it could be upgraded from what I've seen so far.

Honestly, I'm extremely happy by this. It means that if I have a chance of getting good A Levels now as I wont be given grades off biased teachers. Also, I dont think exams should have ever been cancelled to begin with and from what I've seen only people who have been predicted/achieved the grades they want from mocks and other assessments want them cancelled. Personally, to me it makes no sense cancelling them.
Niveacream2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
agreed, though I want optional A levels and not mini assessments, since I've never seen those mini assessment and sitting a brand new type of paper that you haven't had enough practice from past paper usually ends in disaster.
Niveacream2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
btw where did hear about possibility of bringing back external exams this summer, I've only heard of mini assessments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (118)
28.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (154)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.16%

Watched Threads