Manchester, Exeter & possibly Nottingham

Watch
tgr2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I currently have 2 conditional offers to study law at Manchester and Exeter but I'm struggling on which one to firm. I love Manchester because of the city aspect and its faarrrr from home but a bit apprehensive due to how the university has handled covid with their students, I love Exeter but I worry it won't be diverse enough and everyone at my school will be attending and id like to have a fresh start but its an amazing uni. Does anyone have any advice or even know which one ranks higher?

on top of this I was rejected from Nottingham but given an offer for criminology but this then means I would have to do the GDL and that to me is just ughhhh

I would love any advice or comments xx
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
How to choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Muttley79 - what would you advise?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by tgr2003)
I currently have 2 conditional offers to study law at Manchester and Exeter but I'm struggling on which one to firm. I love Manchester because of the city aspect and its faarrrr from home but a bit apprehensive due to how the university has handled covid with their students, I love Exeter but I worry it won't be diverse enough and everyone at my school will be attending and id like to have a fresh start but its an amazing uni. Does anyone have any advice or even know which one ranks higher?

on top of this I was rejected from Nottingham but given an offer for criminology but this then means I would have to do the GDL and that to me is just ughhhh

What are the offers? What are the differences between the courses?
Peter76530
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

The cheek of Nottingham lmao
tgr2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Manchester is offering AAA and Exeter is offering AAA or AAB if I firm it and get A in EPQ (im on track for an A*)
tgr2003
Rep:
?
there is no difference in the course its LLB Law for both
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
there is no difference in the course its LLB Law for both
Yes but what about assessments - is one more exam based than the other?
Jejune
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
a lot of the good parts of manchester uni are currently ruined bc of covid and there's no way of knowing when it will be back to normal so personally i wouldn't let city life/parties etc. be a deciding factor. maybe have a look at the course details for each university and decide based off of which has better sounding units or more optional units?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
The difference between these two Unis is insignificant - it really is down to which Uni/city feels the most comfortable to you, and if there are any extras available at either Uni - study abroad, units in other subjects, a Law Clinic, a Moot Court, Placements etc etc, that could enhance your degree.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Exeter has the nicer campus (leafy, green and spacious), although Manchester has a bit more overall prestige (older, larger, very high international ranking).
tgr2003
Rep:
?
Yes but what about assessments - is one more exam based than the other?
theres not a whole lot on the Manchester website but it seems like they are both the same, Exeter does have a lot more optional modules which are nice
tgr2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peter76530)
The cheek of Nottingham lmao
right! really not sure how to feel about that one
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
theres not a whole lot on the Manchester website but it seems like they are both the same, Exeter does have a lot more optional modules which are nice
I am a big fan of Exeter ... lots of my students have gone there - optional module choices is a plus I think.

It's a choice between big city or not ... don't be concerned about diversity
Charlieefinch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply? When did you take your LNAT and when did you hear back from Nottingham?
tgr2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlieefinch)
Hi, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply? When did you take your LNAT and when did you hear back from Nottingham?
I sent my application off on the 17th of November, sat my LNAT on the 27th of November and I head back from Nottingham at 10am today
Last edited by tgr2003; 1 day ago
Charlieefinch
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I sent my application off on the 17th of November, starting my LNAT on the 27th of November and I head back from Nottingham at 10am today
Oh ok, I’m still waiting on Nottingham, I sent my application in October and then took LNAT 16th December.
I got an email from them saying they’re still actively considering my application but will take longer to get a response as they want to consider everyone before making a decision.
Did you get this email as well?
tgr2003
Rep:
?
Oh ok, I’m still waiting on Nottingham, I sent my application in October and then took LNAT 16th December.
I got an email from them saying they’re still actively considering my application but will take longer to get a response as they want to consider everyone before making a decision.
Did you get this email as well?
Yea I did, I also got placed on hold by Bristol as well, so we shall see. They'll probably be in contact soon as the deadlines approaching
Charlieefinch
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yea I did, I also got placed on hold by Bristol as well, so we shall see. They'll probably be in contact soon as the deadlines approaching
Aaah in really nervous now. How did you think your LNAT went?
tgr2003
Rep:
?
Aaah in really nervous now. How did you think your LNAT went?
Terrible!, I feel like the multiple choice went a bit too well which is suspicious but the essay was a lot better but now because I was rejected from Nottingham I feel like I really haven't done that well. How do you think yours went- do you know when the results come out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (0)
0%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (5)
23.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (12)
57.14%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (3)
14.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads