thestudent66
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Why is it so difficult to get a job at the moment. Even McDonald's isn't getting back to me. I am 28 and never had a job before but reasons for it. I just want to improve my life now and get on track in a better mental state of mind
BabyStitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
We’re in a lockdown and recession and many employers have either paused or cancelled any new hires. Try supermarkets they will still be hiring.
northener_3006
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by thestudent66)
Why is it so difficult to get a job at the moment. Even McDonald's isn't getting back to me. I am 28 and never had a job before but reasons for it. I just want to improve my life now and get on track in a better mental state of mind
Sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time finding a job. It’s really good you want to improve your life and you want to be on the right path for yourself. Hopefully someone will appreciate that soon and offer you a job. Supermarkets might be looking atm, they’re obviously very busy and overwhelmed. I hope it all goes well!
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Like BabyStitch says, not many companies are hiring at the moment. A lot of people have lost the jobs or have had their hours cut, so any vacancies on offer will have a good deal more competition than usual. If you don't have experience, you may find it harder to get to the interview stage amongst other candidates who have more experience.

Keep applying and ask friends or family if they know of any vacancies at their workplace. Get your CV checked and look for other opportunities to add to your CV to make you more employable, e.g. extra qualifications, volunteering (where possible)
Last edited by cheesecakelove; 2 days ago
thestudent66
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Like BabyStitch says, not many companies are hiring at the moment. A lot of people have lost the jobs or have had their hours cut, so any vacancies on offer will have a good deal more competition than usual. If you don't have experience, you may find it harder to get to the interview stage amongst other candidates who have more experience.
So what do you suggest
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
How about applying to become a vaccinator, u don't need any healthcare experience.
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
So what do you suggest
Hi, I have edited my original post

It seems demoralising at the moment but keep going. Hopefully, when lockdown and the whole situation gets better, more companies will re-open and start hiring again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed