How are you keeping your relationship going in lockdown?

Watch
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I'm sure you all know we're in tier 5 or something and for many people, one of the biggest impacts of all the lockdowns is not being able to see a partner you don't live with. It's certainly been something I've found really difficult and more so in some ways than other restrictions.
We got into Zoom in lockdown number one and that's been good, but still not the same, although making time to talk every day helps make sure we're still involved in each other's lives.

Equally, for some people who do live with their partners lockdown has been stressful for the opposite reason!

How have you found it? Any good coping strategies?
nicalibres
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I think it's all about finding a balance between giving each other space to do your own thing and spending quality time together. We tend to leave each other alone during the day, we study/work/zoom with friends/etc then have dinner together and cuddle up on the sofa in the evenings. It's nice to plan date nights at home to keep the romance going.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicalibres)
I think it's all about finding a balance between giving each other space to do your own thing and spending quality time together. We tend to leave each other alone during the day, we study/work/zoom with friends/etc then have dinner together and cuddle up on the sofa in the evenings. It's nice to plan date nights at home to keep the romance going.
That sounds really nice
I 100% agree about finding a balance - what's tricky at the moment is when circumstances prevent!
nicalibres
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
That sounds really nice
I 100% agree about finding a balance - what's tricky at the moment is when circumstances prevent!
Totally. I'm currently unemployed and not in uni so at home 24/7 while he's in 3rd year and doing his dissertation + exams. It's hard not to distract him during the day!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicalibres)
Totally. I'm currently unemployed and not in uni so at home 24/7 while he's in 3rd year and doing his dissertation + exams. It's hard not to distract him during the day!
:lol: I had the same thing last year - my exams were cancelled, nothing to do, and he had his end of first year exams!
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I don't envy people in relationships who don't live together right now but also plenty that you can be doing. As well as your usual video calls to chat - try and do activities like online escape rooms, watch a film together at the same time (you can use Netflix party, for example), online games, and other online events. This way you're still making new memories with the other person you can also still try and make some general plans for the future to look forward to!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 day ago
I got dumped by my gf on the first day of lockdown :bawling:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I'm sure you all know we're in tier 5 or something and for many people, one of the biggest impacts of all the lockdowns is not being able to see a partner you don't live with. It's certainly been something I've found really difficult and more so in some ways than other restrictions.
We got into Zoom in lockdown number one and that's been good, but still not the same, although making time to talk every day helps make sure we're still involved in each other's lives.

Equally, for some people who do live with their partners lockdown has been stressful for the opposite reason!

How have you found it? Any good coping strategies?
Because the night
Belongs to lovaz
Because the night
Belongs to us ✊ 😂

Anyways we live togetha
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
I don't envy people in relationships who don't live together right now but also plenty that you can be doing. As well as your usual video calls to chat - try and do activities like online escape rooms, watch a film together at the same time (you can use Netflix party, for example), online games, and other online events. This way you're still making new memories with the other person you can also still try and make some general plans for the future to look forward to!
I completely agree One thing that has been good out of all this is that it has given me confidence that we can still do things together for when it goes long-distance next year! There's still a lot out there.
And yeah having things to look forward to. One of the hardest things I've found it not actually knowing when you will see the other person - you can't count down to a date or say "only one more month".
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got dumped by my gf on the first day of lockdown :bawling:
I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:
Was it because of the lockdown itself? That must be really frustrating if it is the case...
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I'd have Netflix parties and play games online if i was in one
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Because the night
Belongs to lovaz
Because the night
Belongs to us ✊ 😂

Anyways we live togetha
Yes you got the song reference :lol: Which cover though?

Hope living togther in lockdown's gone well!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
I'd have Netflix parties and play games online if i was in one
:yep:
Any games in particular? I find gaming togethr doens't work because we can't agree on one
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
:yep:
Any games in particular? I find gaming togethr doens't work because we can't agree on one
Among us is quite popular from what i know
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Among us is quite popular from what i know
I need to give that a go :yes:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yes you got the song reference :lol: Which cover though?

Hope living togther in lockdown's gone well!
No cover. The original Patti Smith baybeeeee 😎
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
No cover. The original Patti Smith baybeeeee 😎
Exactly :yep:
Anonymous #1
Report 22 hours ago
I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:
Was it because of the lockdown itself? That must be really frustrating if it is the case...
Yes soon as lockdown happened she said there's no point
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 19 hours ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes soon as lockdown happened she said there's no point
That must be pretty upsetting and frustrating... I hope you're doing OK.
Are you hoping to get back together after lockdown?
Anonymous #1
Report 19 hours ago
That must be pretty upsetting and frustrating... I hope you're doing OK.
Are you hoping to get back together after lockdown?
I'm very upset I don't know if I want to get back with someone who dumped me like that out the blue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (12)
11.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (26)
24.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (46)
43.4%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (18)
16.98%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed