will I be accepted into sixth form with poor attendance?

Watch
milllliee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
i’m applying to sixth form this month but i’m really worried i won’t be accepted. My attendance is 85% (59% with time off due to covid) and unless we go back to school after the february half term and get my attendance back up, i’m feeling quite anxious that they won’t accept me because of it. If i get the grades needed to be accepted (which i’m on track for) will they accept me ? or can they refuse me because of my attendance
OtakuRandom0222
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
My friend had this problem, as her attendance was really bad not even being in school due to covid19 but my form tutor said to her that it was fine and if they ask that they could just tell them that it was due to circumstances that was unavoidable (having to quarantine herself). they said that they would just include it into the reference or contact the school about it. my sister also got into a good sixth form after having a bad attendance. so don't be too scared.

as well as this for your grades, as long as your teachers say and provide evidence if they have to you can show to your sixth form that you are likely to get it. All i can say is to do the work.

i'm not too sure if this helps but i'm here experiencing your pain good luck fighting!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.63%

Watched Threads