The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Chances of getting accepted to a Health Professions Foundation course?

I recently sent my UCAS application and am slightly concerned over having no idea what will happen. I care a lot about getting accepted into this course but i'd appreciate if anybody could give me an idea of what the outcome could be.

My concern mainly comes from the fact i'm in no way a high grade scoring student, essentially straight C through GCSE and A level. (Currently year 13, finishing History and Biology) If it's worth noting, which I included in my personal statement, i've done quite a bit of volunteering for the NHS.

I've never been more passionate about getting something in my life before and I don't want to end up heavily disapointed by a rejection.
Thanks!
where did you apply to?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by louisisntmafia
where did you apply to?

University of the West of England (UWE)
right so i understand that doesn't have any set entry requirements? you'll probably be competing against people with no formal qualifications at all so i think Cs are gonna be quite competitive grades for the course, especially alongside volunteering so I don't think you have anything to worry about. best of luck!
Reply 4
Original post by louisisntmafia
right so i understand that doesn't have any set entry requirements? you'll probably be competing against people with no formal qualifications at all so i think Cs are gonna be quite competitive grades for the course, especially alongside volunteering so I don't think you have anything to worry about. best of luck!

The lack of entry requirements is what spooked me because I had no idea if I was the right kinda person to get accepted but you make a good point. Competing with grades, even C's, will help. Thank you!
At the bottom of the course page on the UWE website https://courses.uwe.ac.uk/B900/health-professions is this :
" Watch our video for top tips on writing a healthcare personal statement and download our health and social care personal statement guide. " with links.

Quick Reply