The Student Room Group

National Grid Online Assessment

Has anyone applied to National Grid and took their Online Assessment tests?
It looks because of covid format is different this year, so I can find sufficient guidelines online to prepare. Any info welcomed, thks
Original post by kaimcgyver
Has anyone applied to National Grid and took their Online Assessment tests?
It looks because of covid format is different this year, so I can find sufficient guidelines online to prepare. Any info welcomed, thks

I applied but I have to do the video interview first, have you done that?
HiAny help on the video interview would be amazing. Anyone??
Original post by jullie2290

Hi I done mine in December,
The interview questions were
Competency based questions:
Tell me about a time..
What would you do if...

I did mine in December so can’t remember as much but I would say brush up on team playing and communication examples
Reply 4
yea I did mine like 2 weeks, but didn't pass. My questions were (in short):

1. How you build a relationship with someone
2. A time you set yourself a difficult goal and how you achieved it
3. A time when things didn't go your way during an assignment and how you proceed to change/fix it.
4. A time you had to learn a new skill

There was a fifth one but can't remember it. But above were definitely the toughest. I applied for Commercial analyst and I understand questions might differ slightly depending on the role but pretty sure at least some of the above will come up.
Hope this helps!!

It's such a shame some other people don't say questions they got, either you help or don't, I practically didn't get much help, but If I can help someone else get a job, then that's great - we all know its very difficult esp. right now.

gluck mate!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by jullie2290

see above
Reply 6
I had a video interview using Hirevue for the role " higher apprenticeship project development engineer",
The questions were simple competency questions which gave you 4 tries to record your answer
then 4 games which were quite easy
Reply 7
Original post by kazakuni
I had a video interview using Hirevue for the role " higher apprenticeship project development engineer",
The questions were simple competency questions which gave you 4 tries to record your answer
then 4 games which were quite easy

your reply is as helpful as no reply at all...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending