IBMS accreditation for non-accredited course research project

Watch
This discussion is closed.
vanessamariex
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The biomedical science course I did is not accredited by IBMS and I am looking to make this accredited to become a BMS. Unfortunately, I was not able to do a lab based project when I was at university and did a literature based research instead. I am aware that this is not accepted as it's stated on Part B of the application. Does this mean I can't apply for the degree assessment or is there another way?
cl_audelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by vanessamariex)
The biomedical science course I did is not accredited by IBMS and I am looking to make this accredited to become a BMS. Unfortunately, I was not able to do a lab based project when I was at university and did a literature based research instead. I am aware that this is not accepted as it's stated on Part B of the application. Does this mean I can't apply for the degree assessment or is there another way?
Hi! I thought I'd reply because I'm almost in the exact same position! I'm looking to get my BSc assessed and it's not even in biomedical sciences, but rather an honours BSc in biological sciences. To be honest I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do after graduation but after doing my masters last year, I realised I really want to become a BMS. Trouble is, my dissertation for my BSc was a systematic review (because I got really interested in a particular subject and they didn't offer a lab project in it) and for my MSc i was meant to do a lab project but of course, COVID shut down our labs so I ended up doing a data analysis project over the summer last year. I think the best person who is able to answer all of our questions is RegisteredBMS. They recently suggested I should do the same (get my degrees assessed) as well as get NHS lab experience too. RegisteredBMS if you have any more insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by vanessamariex)
I'm pretty sure they can still assess it and give you an outcome either way. They'll either tell you your degree isn't suitable to top-up, suggest top-up modules or state it's equivalent and grant individual IBMS accreditation to your degree. The 2nd option is the most common.
somunkhan
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RegisteredBMS)
I'm pretty sure they can still assess it and give you an outcome either way. They'll either tell you your degree isn't suitable to top-up, suggest top-up modules or state it's equivalent and grant individual IBMS accreditation to your degree. The 2nd option is the most common.
Hi,
I have graduated in Biomedical Science from King’s College London. I want to get registered as a BMS in NHS. I am aware that my degree is not IBMS accredited. How can I get an assessment of my degree?
Moreover, after the top up module which i might need. How many years I have to work as an MLA to complete my portfolio?
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by somunkhan)
Hi,
I have graduated in Biomedical Science from King’s College London. I want to get registered as a BMS in NHS. I am aware that my degree is not IBMS accredited. How can I get an assessment of my degree?
Moreover, after the top up module which i might need. How many years I have to work as an MLA to complete my portfolio?
You've bumped two seperate threads that are old to ask the same question... of which the answer is all of which this forum
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.81%
Note taking apps (5)
2.92%
Flashcards (31)
18.13%
Revision guides (5)
2.92%
Past papers (85)
49.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.51%

Watched Threads