Poll: King's College Law applicants 2021
Received an offer (36)
15.19%
Still waiting : ( (201)
84.81%
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Harri2912)
Not necessarily, the longer they wait, the more LNAT data they have to make a comparison because its worked on averages, and if they sent out offers when they made a decision they might be worried that people could work out LNAT scores and the like, which would be a violation of the LNAT system as a whole
I've already got offers from LNAT unis so I don't think they would be to worried about that. Plus someone on TSR got rejected from oxford, after asking for feedback they told them their LNAT score. I don't think they really care haha
Harri2912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've already got offers from LNAT unis so I don't think they would be to worried about that. Plus someone on TSR got rejected from oxford, after asking for feedback they told them their LNAT score. I don't think they really care haha
Guess not, that is quite surprising in honesty. But i do think they want to do them in batches like previous years, for whatever reason they use to justify it
Nadzinez
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by danixoxno1o-d)
Since there is no other thread for king's law, why don't we use this one. You could answer the following questions:

- Date taken of LNAT
- Predicted grades
- Top 3 unis
-Offers s0 far
- King's Apply Date Submitted (2nd box on the left)
I sent my application in October but sat my LNAT in mid September if I remember correctly .
I haven’t heard from kcl yet .
My predicted grades are A*AB so I won’t be surprised if I get rejected but I just wanted to apply anyways .
I have an offer at Exeter and at Royal holloway so it’s not the end of the world if I don’t get in.
Good luck to everyone and hopefully you all get an offer
jayden.gilholy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
anyone else got saved/submitted on the 28/01/21?
Meeee. I applied in mid-December
jayden.gilholy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Since there is no other thread for king's law, why don't we use this one. You could answer the following questions:

- Date taken of LNAT
- Predicted grades
- Top 3 unis
-Offers s0 far
Hey everyone. I'll start by saying I wish you all luck and hope to be studying with you all at KCL next September! Anyways...

I took my LNAT on the 8th of December and my application was sent off by my school on the 15th or 16th of December. My predicted grades are A*A*A ( I study Politics, Economics and History ). My top three unis are UCL, KCL and Bristol out of the five I applied to. So far I received offers from Bristol and Exeter on the 13th of January (within 3 hours of eachother!!!) and Queen Mary on the 29th of January. My Kings portal submitted date has changed to the 28th of January, so I'm guessing I'm in the second batch and those who applied in January and near the deadline will be in the third batch.

I only did two practice papers on the night before my LNAT (oops) and got 28 on the Arbitio website and 23 on the official LNAT site. I'm hoping that means I've scored somewhere in the mid twenties but we will see!
az3rz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

- Date taken of LNAT
- Predicted grades
- Top 3 unis
-Offers s0 far
- October 26th
- A* RS A* politics A English Lang
- Cambridge (rejected post interview) UCL / KCL
- offers from Leeds and Birmingham. Happy to go to leeds if I miss out on UCL and KCL
- 9/12/20
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jayden.gilholy)
Hey everyone. I'll start by saying I wish you all luck and hope to be studying with you all at KCL next September! Anyways...

I took my LNAT on the 8th of December and my application was sent off by my school on the 15th or 16th of December. My predicted grades are A*A*A ( I study Politics, Economics and History ). My top three unis are UCL, KCL and Bristol out of the five I applied to. So far I received offers from Bristol and Exeter on the 13th of January (within 3 hours of eachother!!!) and Queen Mary on the 29th of January. My Kings portal submitted date has changed to the 28th of January, so I'm guessing I'm in the second batch and those who applied in January and near the deadline will be in the third batch.

I only did two practice papers on the night before my LNAT (oops) and got 28 on the Arbitio website and 23 on the official LNAT site. I'm hoping that means I've scored somewhere in the mid twenties but we will see!
Hello! Were you ever put on hold for Bristol?
dewwww
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

- Date taken of LNAT
- Predicted grades
- Top 3 unis
-Offers s0 far
1. 21st November

2. equivalent to A*A*A*AA
3. LSE, UCL, KINGS
4. none, but i’m on hold at bristol
5. 20/1/2021
jayden.gilholy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello! Were you ever put on hold for Bristol?
No I don't think so...

Don't they only do that for international students? (:
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
I honestly just wish they’d at least start rejecting people. I will be so upset if I’ve waited this long just to be rejected. Surely by now they could’ve filtered out like the lowest LNAT scores or something. This is unbelievable
username4335294
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

I'll drop my stats
Date taken of LNAT: 12/10/20
- Predicted grades: A*AAA
- Top 3 unis: UCL KCL BRISTOL
-Offers s0 far: Bristol in october, Manchester in november. Not heard a thing from UCL OR KCL
- King's Apply Date Submitted (2nd box on the left): 09/12/20

The wait is killing me tbh
username5613432
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No I don't think so...

Don't they only do that for international students? (:
Is that true? Do they usually put international students on hold more? That would make sense, as I felt my application was really strong, and was blindsided by the hold decision.
jayden.gilholy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Nothinh)
Is that true? Do they usually put international students on hold more? That would make sense, as I felt my application was really strong, and was blindsided by the hold decision.
I've never heard a home application being put on hold but I'm assuming it happens sometimes. I think it's because if you apply internationally there's much more competition.
username5613432
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've never heard a home application being put on hold but I'm assuming it happens sometimes. I think it's because if you apply internationally there's much more competition.
So, does that mean that all international applications are put on hold, until they have all the applications?
universities2021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, KCL rejected a fair few in late November/early December
Harri2912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by universities2021)
I've heard that too, but not from anyone who has been rejected, just people saying that others had
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by universities2021)
How do you know?
Anonymous #6
Report 2 months ago
hey, i applied on 09/01 where my application was sent to kings on 10/01, i’ve gotten my application saved/submitted more than 3 times (the dates i can remember are 26/01, 02/02). does this mean i will be in the third batch of applicants? thank you
dowbt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, i applied on 09/01 where my application was sent to kings on 10/01, i’ve gotten my application saved/submitted more than 3 times (the dates i can remember are 26/01, 02/02). does this mean i will be in the third batch of applicants? thank you
No one actually knows what saved/submitted means and everyone is speculating.
jayden.gilholy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Something gives me the vibe that the save date constantly changing means they were like "okay...so...we will come back to this application". I applied in Mid-December but my save date is 28th of January so I'm assuming mine has been looked at multiple times because of how recent the date is.

Anyways!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (134)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (403)
14.81%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (303)
11.13%
Lack of purpose or motivation (381)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (124)
4.56%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (165)
6.06%
Loneliness (233)
8.56%
Financial worries (100)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (110)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
4.59%
Lack of real life entertainment (144)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (239)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (261)
9.59%

Watched Threads