The Student Room Group

How lenient are universities on UCAS points?

So, I have applied to De Montfort, Northumbria, NTU, Sheffield, and MMU for criminology. So far De Montfort and Northumbria have offered me a place if I get at least 112 points.

However, due to only getting predicted grades last year I only have 24 points and it would take a miracle for me to get a distinction this year because of covid.

My question is, how lenient will universities be? Has anyone else had a similar experience also?
Original post by 16sivanx
So, I have applied to De Montfort, Northumbria, NTU, Sheffield, and MMU for criminology. So far De Montfort and Northumbria have offered me a place if I get at least 112 points.

However, due to only getting predicted grades last year I only have 24 points and it would take a miracle for me to get a distinction this year because of covid.

My question is, how lenient will universities be? Has anyone else had a similar experience also?

It's impossible to say with any certainty as it depends on the pending results of other applicants and the number of places they have left as a result.

Ordinarily most courses have some degree of wiggle room, but we don't know much about what this years CAGs are going to look like at this stage, (last cycles were a bit higher than typical awarded grades for example).

If it's any comfort, back in the day DMU admitted me quite far below their offer but that was a completely different course and 20 or so years ago now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending