Nervous Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I really should go for a smear. I just think my doctor will be a bit weirded if I'm like "hello, I'd LOVE a smear today please"

I wonder if I can go to the central health clinic instead. Yes. hmm. I'd prefer that.
I am sure you will be able to do, or you could ask to see a different GP if you thought that was easier. I am sure the doctor won't think its strange. Although I must admit if I found somthing funny I would be emberassed to go the doctor. It was ok when I had my hernia becuase with the help of people form here and general internet reading I was 95% it was that anyway.

With a smear tests its just a check up anyway isn't it? I thought it was pretty much standard practise to get them done if a member of the family has had breast cancer at quite a young age?
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
good luck
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
My doctor was friends with the doctor who lived in my current house. He also moves in some circles that my dad does.

That, and I break into fits of giggles when he says things like "do you check your breasts" I don't feel that comfortable with him, even though he's very nice. I don't know why. He's not even MY gp, he's just the one I get lumped with each time I book in.

Mind you, "my" gp is no picnic. I'd sooner see a nice fluffy nurse that's used to dealing with really common slutty girls in the central health clinic. Every time I use the clinic they get a shock because I say please and thankyou. They treat me extra specially nicely
Could you not get a female doctor? My doctors are female but its just because they are my family GPs.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Personaly in Manchester I have had very good experiences with the NHS, the ward where my grandad is in is like a very nice and there tests the have done have been very thorough.

I had very good treatment when I went for my hernia operation too although there was a slight problem.
This was BUPA not the NHS. With the NHS there would have been a 6 week wait list.
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
This was BUPA not the NHS. With the NHS there would have been a 6 week wait list.
The hospital is fun. I was in for two weeks straight

Hope it all goes well!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (114)
80.28%
Leave (28)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise