The Student Room Group

Application Procedure

Hi All,
The programme manager of the department I’m applying to told me that the dept. has recommended an offer to be made to me —and yet my status in the portal is still Under Review by the Degree Committee 7 business days after being told this, is this normal? Was hoping it will change to Under Reviw by GAO a few days after being notified .
are you applying undergraduate or postgraduate? Cambridge decision day for undergraduates is the 25th, not sure for postgraduates
Original post by Heerali
Hi All,
The programme manager of the department I’m applying to told me that the dept. has recommended an offer to be made to me —and yet my status in the portal is still Under Review by the Degree Committee 7 business days after being told this, is this normal? Was hoping it will change to Under Reviw by GAO a few days after being notified .

The portal status is immaterial, you know the Degree Committee has approved you. It's just an administrative function that hasn't been ticked. Your papers will still progress to the GAO etc.
Original post by Omgcobbly
are you applying undergraduate or postgraduate? Cambridge decision day for undergraduates is the 25th, not sure for postgraduates

I'm applying for MPhil Engineering for Sustainable Development. Thanks for the response anyway.
Original post by threeportdrift
The portal status is immaterial, you know the Degree Committee has approved you. It's just an administrative function that hasn't been ticked. Your papers will still progress to the GAO etc.

That's good to hear. Thank you.
Reply 5
Original post by username5596744
I'm applying for MPhil Engineering for Sustainable Development. Thanks for the response anyway.

I'm also MPhil ESD and got the same email that they're recommending an offer, and my portal also hasn't changed so you're not alone! I had been in touch with the department this week (for other reasons) and they mentioned it may take a few weeks, so hopefully that helps give some peace of mind.
Original post by username5596744
Hi All,

Hello friends,
I am in a similar situation. In my case, the program manager told me the same thing on January 15th, but my status has been in "Under review by the Department" ever since. Has any of you already been notified of PAO's decision, in the meantime?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending