Would it be okay to reuse my essay?

Watch this thread
lokidokie
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A couple of weeks ago I did an essay in my A-Level class and did super well in it. Now in our assessments, we've been given the exact same essay question (as well as a couple of others). (Note: our assessments since we can't do them in person are done over a week period - it's not supposed to be timed, just an informal assessment.)

I can only assume my teacher put the essay question so that the class can do well in the assessment and improve upon their previous essay. However, given I got nearly full marks in my previous essay and I can't really do much outside of editing it slightly, would it be okay to submit an edited version of the same essay? (I'm aware that this would be a form of self-plagiarism, but given it's within a sixth form setting and the essay title is so specific there's little else I could talk about, I don't see much wrong with it.)

I just don't see the point of completely rewriting an essay only to make the exact same points as I know that'll get me a high mark.

Should I email my teacher and ask to submit the same essay? Or just rewrite it?
Bubblegum12309
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lokidokie)
A couple of weeks ago I did an essay in my A-Level class and did super well in it. Now in our assessments, we've been given the exact same essay question (as well as a couple of others). (Note: our assessments since we can't do them in person are done over a week period - it's not supposed to be timed, just an informal assessment.)

I can only assume my teacher put the essay question so that the class can do well in the assessment and improve upon their previous essay. However, given I got nearly full marks in my previous essay and I can't really do much outside of editing it slightly, would it be okay to submit an edited version of the same essay? (I'm aware that this would be a form of self-plagiarism, but given it's within a sixth form setting and the essay title is so specific there's little else I could talk about, I don't see much wrong with it.)

I just don't see the point of completely rewriting an essay only to make the exact same points as I know that'll get me a high mark.

Should I email my teacher and ask to submit the same essay? Or just rewrite it?
Of course you can! There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s like saying that if you found a model answer online or learned the mark scheme, you’re not allowed to copy it. It’s there to HELP us so yeah we can copy it. And you’re right, plagiarism isn’t a big thing in sixth form. Only at university.
Last edited by Bubblegum12309; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (214)
42.46%
The paper was reasonable (218)
43.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (45)
8.93%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads