Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Best universities for Biochemistry ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And also Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I can give you a top ten, but I can tell you which are amongst the best: UCL, imperial, oxford, nottingham, york, bristol

(I don't mention cambridge as it's not pure biochemistry you have to do the NatSci)

ReputationRep:
    Good universities for Biochem which I know of include: Oxford, Bristol, Bath, Nottingham and York.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say from personal experience that Royal Holloway's Biochemistry course is fantastic, especially if you want flexible course options. Don't go by the ranking this year because it's a well-known fact around uni that the numbers submitted for 2008 review were wrong. Hence the 10 rank drop in one year! Definitely worth a back up place. I declined a place at Imperial for Biochemistry to go to roho so yeah....just my viewpoint

ReputationRep:
    Ditto what people above have said, but they might be a little snooty about grades, or at least demand that you get As in the A-levels in the end. Manchester and Newcastle are supposed to be excellent student cities, no idea about the biochem, but I'd guess it'd be very acceptable

ReputationRep:
    Oxford

Bath

Bristol

Imperial

UCL

Durham

... the usual ones.

ReputationRep:
    My career helper guy at college tells me Bristol's very good for Biochemistry, if that helps, and I think it ranks quite well on tables.
    I can tell you Manchester's a great city to live in, I love it here, and there's tonnes of night-life. My brother says the accomodation on campus is pretty good, and the people are really friendly, though from some of the stories I've heard they're not the most work-minded individuals ^_^"

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.