Fox's Wellbeing Blog 𓃦

Watch
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Welcome to Foxs Wellbeing Blog

Hiya :hi: Its no longer 2020, good riddance.

Goals:
1. Get back into shape. Pre-pandemic I went for runs to keep myself active but I became a bit lazy :lol: I have been meaning to explore the world of workouts for a while so this seems like a good chance.
2. Learn to cook
3. Sort out my sleep routine
4. Practice meditation more often
5. Face my fears. I have been feeling quite brave lately and have already faced quite a few this January.
6. Work on my manners. Eating slower, learn how to set a table properly.. etc. I am lacking in that department.
7. Develop better study habits. Focusing in class especially has been a struggle lately since Ive had to attend school from my room. My grades have dropped a noticeable amount, I would like to get those back up.
8. Get back into rainbow loom. Ive always wanted to make one of those giant dragons, it would be cool to do one at some point this year. Im only a decade or so late to the trend... :lol:
9. Stop being so irritated at everything
10. Smile more

Why I want to work on my wellbeing:
2020 was not a good year for me and I fell apart a bit, I didnt make an effort to get myself back together and the rest of the year was a bit miserable. Even if I cant change whats going on around me this year, I can change how I react and cope with it. So I plan to do just that

Thoughts and feelings about the year ahead:
Ive had a rocky start to 2021. But it can only improve from here. ...right? I have high hopes and a good feeling about this year, it is a chance to hit the restart button.

Nominations:
Vapordave, The_Lonely_Goatherd, laurawatt, Synergy~, sunny.side.up, Hellohsjakodsmka
( thanks for the nomination, parmezanne! )

I will update a few times a month and post smaller goals too :yep: Typing this out is making me excited for the year, lets make it better than the last! :woo:
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 2 weeks ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:woo: Posting so that me and Persephone are subscribed to get updates :woo:
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am loving these goals! Really great ones in there, excited to see how you get on!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:danceboy:
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yay! glad you chose to do it :hugs:
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tag me too in updates. :hugs:
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is really cute. >3 Thanks for the tag, lovely. :hugs:
username5490170
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)

Welcome to Foxs Wellbeing Blog

Hiya :hi: Its no longer 2020, good riddance.

Goals:
1. Get back into shape. Pre-pandemic I went for runs to keep myself active but I became a bit lazy :lol: I have been meaning to explore the world of workouts for a while so this seems like a good chance.
2. Learn to cook
3. Sort out my sleep routine
4. Practice meditation more often
5. Face my fears. I have been feeling quite brave lately and have already faced quite a few this January.
6. Work on my manners. Eating slower, how to set a table properly.. etc. I am lacking in that department.
7. Develop better study habits. Focusing in class especially has been a struggle lately since Ive had to attend school from my room. My grades have dropped a noticeable amount, I would like to get those back up.
8. Get back into rainbow loom. Ive always wanted to make one of those giant dragons, it would be cool to do one at some point this year. Im only a decade or so late to the trend... :lol:
9. Smile more

Why I want to work on my wellbeing:
2020 was not a good year for me and I fell apart a bit, I didnt make an effort to get myself back together and the rest of the year was a bit miserable. Even if I cant change whats going on around me this year, I can change how I react and cope with it. So I plan to do just that

Thoughts and feelings about the year ahead:
Ive had a rocky start to 2021. But it can only improve from here. ...right? I have high hopes and a good feeling about this year, it is a chance to hit the restart button.

Nominations:
Vapordave, The_Lonely_Goatherd, laurawatt, Synergy~, sunny.side.up, Hellohsjakodsmka
( thanks for the nomination, parmezanne! )

I will update a few times a month and post smaller goals too :yep: Typing this out is making me excited for the year, lets make it better than the last! :woo:
tag me please foxy
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:nyan:
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
EEEEEE THIS IS SO EXCITING :ff2: :woo:
Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by Hellohsjakodsmka; 1 month ago
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
EEEEEE THIS IS SO EXCITING :ff2: :woo:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
aww
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Posting to sub
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Thanks lot, many hugs :grouphugs: ^

I dont really know where I want to take this blog, so have a super long post :dontknow:

Workouts: As I was looking into workouts the other day, I remembered a site/company that my middle school health teacher swore by. And I dont know the first thing about fitness and health ( the oreo in my hand can vouch.. ), but she seems qualified enough to know.. They have low intensity crossfit programs that you can do from the comfort of your living room. One is a 60 day get-back-into-moving-after-being-a-blob-from-lockdown type program so I think Ill start with that. I dont care about the workout focuses on or really how intense it is, Im also not looking for weight loss. I just want something engaging that will get me off my arse :lol: Im currently a bit fatigue* from a cold but Ill get around to starting it when I start feeling better :yy:
*is that the proper use of fatigue? I can never figure out how to properly use it in a sentence, ha.

School assignments: I turned in quite a few assignments for school on Thursday after a teacher got on my case about it and my overall GPA for the trimester went up by a whole .8 :eek: Thats a lot!! I was having some issues last week so didnt make it to quite a few of my classes, I had a lot to make up.
Going with school, our start time was pushed back from 9 to 7 this week as we're getting prepared for hybrid. It has felt wonderful to have so much time in the day. Its much easier to go to bed too, I start getting tired around 8pm rather than 1am :lol:

Band loom: Yesterday afternoon I took myself back to the year of 2013 by pulling out my old Rainbow Loom™ kit :moon: I sat in the dining room and worked on this one... thing... ( tis a secret till I can be bothered to take a photo its finished! its not a dragon ) for 6 and a half hours straight today. I am out of practice, kept snagging and breaking the little bands. Am working more on it right now

Fears: I have so many stupid fears, a big one being the dark. Ive usually slept with the lights dimmed but even dimmed, it still keeps me up Ive been sleeping with them completely off the past few days and like most irrational fears, its actually not that bad. Probably doesnt sound like too big of a deal but this is a bit of a step for me.

Im feeling pretty good! Three days and and this blog is already proving to be a good motivator, Ive thought back to it a handful of times. Later today I need to snoop through the other Wellness blogs, I havent yet.
I hope everyone is well no pun intended!
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For sleep I'd recommend a weighted blanket. It acts as like a deep pressure/stimulation therapy type thing and helps calm anxieties and worries etc. Might help you sleep and stay asleep in the dark? I have one and some nights I swear it puts me in a coma I sleep SO deeply :rofl:
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
For sleep I'd recommend a weighted blanket. It acts as like a deep pressure/stimulation therapy type thing and helps calm anxieties and worries etc. Might help you sleep and stay asleep in the dark? I have one and some nights I swear it puts me in a coma I sleep SO deeply :rofl:
You have got to be the hundredth person to recommend one to me Not for sleeping in the dark specifically though, it sounds it could be a helpful thing to try and a good excuse to buy to finally buy one :yep:
Oh man, that seems wonderful :rofl:
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 1 month ago
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have got to be the hundredth person to recommend one to me Not for sleeping in the dark specifically though, it sounds it could be a helpful thing to try and a good excuse to buy to finally buy one :yep:
Oh man, that seems wonderful :rofl:
Definitely worth getting! I'm a worrier and would regularly wake myself up in a little panic and, whilst I occasionally do that if something is really worrying me, I definitely don't do it as often as I used to.

It is wonderful except for once when I woke up at 7:57am and I started work at 8am. I had turned my alarm off in my sleep as I was sleeping so deeply. Thank goodness my office is like 7 steps away so I still managed to bolt out of bed and get working on time but gosh that was a close one :rofl:
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks lot, many hugs :grouphugs: ^

I dont really know where I want to take this blog, so have a super long post :dontknow:

Workouts: As I was looking into workouts the other day, I remembered a site/company that my middle school health teacher swore by. And I dont know the first thing about fitness and health ( the oreo in my hand can vouch.. ), but she seems qualified enough to know.. They have low intensity crossfit programs that you can do from the comfort of your living room. One is a 60 day get-back-into-moving-after-being-a-blob-from-lockdown type program so I think Ill start with that. I dont care about the workout focuses on or really how intense it is, Im also not looking for weight loss. I just want something engaging that will get me off my arse :lol: Im currently a bit fatigue* from a cold but Ill get around to starting it when I start feeling better :yy:
*is that the proper use of fatigue? I can never figure out how to properly use it in a sentence, ha.

School assignments: I turned in quite a few assignments for school on Thursday after a teacher got on my case about it and my overall GPA for the trimester went up by a whole .8 :eek: Thats a lot!! I was having some issues last week so didnt make it to quite a few of my classes, I had a lot to make up.
Going with school, our start time was pushed back from 9 to 7 this week as we're getting prepared for hybrid. It has felt wonderful to have so much time in the day. Its much easier to go to bed too, I start getting tired around 8pm rather than 1am :lol:

Band loom: Yesterday afternoon I took myself back to the year of 2013 by pulling out my old Rainbow Loom™ kit :moon: I sat in the dining room and worked on this one... thing... ( tis a secret till I can be bothered to take a photo its finished! its not a dragon ) for 6 and a half hours straight today. I am out of practice, kept snagging and breaking the little bands. Am working more on it right now

Fears: I have so many stupid fears, a big one being the dark. Ive usually slept with the lights dimmed but even dimmed, it still keeps me up Ive been sleeping with them completely off the past few days and like most irrational fears, its actually not that bad. Probably doesnt sound like too big of a deal but this is a bit of a step for me.

Im feeling pretty good! Three days and and this blog is already proving to be a good motivator, Ive thought back to it a handful of times. Later today I need to snoop through the other Wellness blogs, I havent yet.
I hope everyone is well no pun intended!
2 things
it would be "i am fatigued" and just "fatigue" by itself is used like a noun.
and
i have a bunch of old rubberbands from my orthodontist (like 300) that would probably fit on my (sister's, mainly) old rainbow loom, and now i'm trying to think of something to make with them.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Loom project done I actually only used the loom for the start of the legs, the rest was crocheting the bands with the little hooks. But it was fun and it turned out... erm... you know when something is hideous to the point that its kind of cute? That :yep:
He needs a bit of assistance to stand upright, kept falling and slouching over :lol: You cant see the snout too well but its a fox.

Name:  20210116_181359 - Edited.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  241.4 KB
Here are the instructions if anyone is interested.
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Loom project done I actually only used the loom for the start of the legs, the rest was crocheting the bands with the little hooks. But it was fun and it turned out... erm... you know when something is hideous to the point that its kind of cute? That :yep:
He needs a bit of assistance to stand upright, kept falling and slouching over :lol: You cant see the snout too well but its a fox.

Name:  20210116_181359 - Edited.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  241.4 KB
Here are the instructions if anyone is interested.
Awh! It brings back so many memories for me! It’s lovely! :clap2:
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
2 things
it would be "i am fatigued" and just "fatigue" by itself is used like a noun.
and
i have a bunch of old rubberbands from my orthodontist (like 300) that would probably fit on my (sister's, mainly) old rainbow loom, and now i'm trying to think of something to make with them.
Ah thank you.
Ha! Let me know what you end up making. Maybe a small animal?
(Original post by summerberry19)
Awh! It brings back so many memories for me! It’s lovely! :clap2:
Thank you SB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (242)
51.49%
No (228)
48.51%

Watched Threads