how would i answer these questions? please give me points im so stuck

Watch
versacegucci
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
• whether or not there is evidence that Christianity is a major cause of personal and
social problems
• whether secularism and secularization are opportunities for Christianity to develop
new ways of thinking and acting
• whether Christianity is, or should be, a significant contributor to society’s culture and
values
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by versacegucci)
• whether or not there is evidence that Christianity is a major cause of personal and
social problems
• whether secularism and secularization are opportunities for Christianity to develop
• whether Christianity is, or should be, a significant contributor to society’s culture and
values
These question all focus on whether Christianity is a bad influence on society or a good one.

If bad, whether the criticisms made by secularists make Christianity irredeemable or whether it could learn from them and adapt such that the criticisms no longer apply, which is what liberal christians try to do.

Or if it is irredeemable, then perhaps it should not be a contributor to society's culture

Some examples of debated things are:

Whether Christianity causes conflict (religious wars in Ireland, arguably even the wars in the middle east to an extent)
Whether Christianity causes prejudice (homosexuals, women, jews)
Whether Christianity is bad for a multi-religious culture because of its exclucivist claims
Whether Christianity's attitude towards sexual ethics is repressive (Freud)
Whether Christianity is bad for our culture's rationality and understanding of science (Dawkins)
Whether we need religion in order to have a stable functioning basis for morality.

My notes go into detail on these things, you can find them here:

https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/
Kira96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by versacegucci)
social problems
values
I support point no.1, no.2, and no.3. I have a lot of information that can assist you complete your task and understand on the three topics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
18.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (35)
30.17%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
18.1%

Watched Threads