The Student Room Group

I draw comics - do girls think it's lame?

I am 20, I'm studying graphic design and in my spare time I also love to draw superhero comics (just pencil, no colour yet).

I drew a girl I had a crush on as a superhero (I won't reveal details cuz it's kinda lame indeed) and my friends were like ''mate r u 12? don't show her that ****". So I didn't and I'm now kinda feeling like I've no clue how to approach girls because I thought this was a good idea?

Like she lives next to me, and we say hello and stuff but I wanted to ask her out and show her the picture I made of her and talk to her about myself and ask her about her, etc.

Do girls think it's lame? like immature? she knows I'm a designer but obviously doesn't know I like her or I have draw her as a supe (is it creepy?)
Nope, I personally think it’s cute but everyone has their own opinion.
Let's see it then
Personally I dont think it's lame and the fact you drew your crush as a superhero is super sweet, I would be delighted and so flattered if anyone ever drew me. However some girls prefer more "mature" men and won't appreciate this kind of thing so it depends on the girl. Maybe find out if she likes comics and art first before showing her the drawing :smile:
Some people do prefer more mature men, some don’t - it depends on the girl.
But you DEFINITELY WONT find any girls on TSR that are mature.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 20, I'm studying graphic design and in my spare time I also love to draw superhero comics (just pencil, no colour yet).

I drew a girl I had a crush on as a superhero (I won't reveal details cuz it's kinda lame indeed) and my friends were like ''mate r u 12? don't show her that ****". So I didn't and I'm now kinda feeling like I've no clue how to approach girls because I thought this was a good idea?

Like she lives next to me, and we say hello and stuff but I wanted to ask her out and show her the picture I made of her and talk to her about myself and ask her about her, etc.

Do girls think it's lame? like immature? she knows I'm a designer but obviously doesn't know I like her or I have draw her as a supe (is it creepy?)

Girls like a guy with a hobby/interest, at least that's applicable to me. Your hobby is drawing and if a girl can't appreciate and support that, then she's not the girl for you. However, your friends probably thought it was strange to draw your crush and show them it. If you want to draw things like that, it might be best to keep that sort of thing private.
Reply 6
Original post by Eliza.chocolate
Some people do prefer more mature men, some don’t - it depends on the girl.
But you DEFINITELY WONT find any girls on TSR that are mature.

She's 19 I assume many girls on here are around that age...?

I'm not immature, I work part-time and study for my degree, I left home when I turned 18.

I am asking whether my drawing her will be considered immature, lame or like creepy. Not whether I am immature because I am not.
Drawing comics on its own isn't lame. However, drawing a girl you like and then showing it to her is most likely going to creep her out.
Reply 8
Original post by -Eirlys-
Girls like a guy with a hobby/interest, at least that's applicable to me. Your hobby is drawing and if a girl can't appreciate and support that, then she's not the girl for you. However, your friends probably thought it was strange to draw your crush and show them it. If you want to draw things like that, it might be best to keep that sort of thing private.

I draw many superheroes, mostly well-known and I've a deviantart acc I upload them to. I uploaded the drawing and a friend asked me about it so I explained it's my neighbour and they started asking questions so I told them because I didn't think it'd be considered immature or something.
She's 19 I assume many girls on here are around that age...?

I'm not immature, I work part-time and study for my degree, I left home when I turned 18.

I am asking whether my drawing her will be considered immature, lame or like creepy. Not whether I am immature because I am not.

Glad you added creepy. I didn't wanna be the one to say it. 👍
Original post by sinfonietta
Drawing comics on its own isn't lame. However, drawing a girl you like and then showing it to her is most likely going to creep her out.

Original post by Bang Outta Order
Glad you added creepy. I didn't wanna be the one to say it. 👍

I wasn't gonna show her right away. I said I'd ask her out, talk about each other, etc. Then I'd show her, yeah.

I understand though..
I wasn't gonna show her right away. I said I'd ask her out, talk about each other, etc. Then I'd show her, yeah.

I understand though..

nah. it would be creepy. unless you're a known comic artist with other drawings of people you know in your portfolio that you can show her and in a relationship with her.
I don’t think it’s uncool or immature, but seeing someone could seem a tiny bit creepy if you’ve only said hi. I would try to talk to her a bit more, if you give it to her later i think most girls would find it cool/cute.
show me a photo

Latest

Trending

Trending