The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Offers

In light of the extended deadline (from 15th to 29th January), do you think Durham will give out offers even later?

I don’t think I’m eligible for a contextual offer so I haven’t received anything from them yet, but I know when I applied in October they mentioned they likely wouldn’t respond until after the equal consideration deadline. Now that this has been moved, do you think it’ll be longer, or have people started to get offers at this point?

I know there are official threads and so forth but there’s a lot of posts on them haha, and I just wanted to address this specific point.
Original post by ashtolga23
In light of the extended deadline (from 15th to 29th January), do you think Durham will give out offers even later?

I don’t think I’m eligible for a contextual offer so I haven’t received anything from them yet, but I know when I applied in October they mentioned they likely wouldn’t respond until after the equal consideration deadline. Now that this has been moved, do you think it’ll be longer, or have people started to get offers at this point?

I know there are official threads and so forth but there’s a lot of posts on them haha, and I just wanted to address this specific point.

I applied a week ago and received an offer last night for biological sciences so they still seem to be giving out offers despite the change in deadline date.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Hettielou
I applied a week ago and received an offer last night for biological sciences so they still seem to be giving out offers despite the change in deadline date.

That’s really cool! Well done btw.

Mind if I ask you if your offer is contextual?
That’s really cool! Well done btw.

Mind if I ask you if your offer is contextual?

Yeah, it’s a contextual offer (which I didn’t realise I was eligible for so the reduced grades were a nice surprise).
Half of my friends who also applied (they send their applications around October/November) received offers around Christmas and half of them are still waiting (mix of contextual and non-contextual) so it probably depends on the department.
Original post by Hettielou
Yeah, it’s a contextual offer (which I didn’t realise I was eligible for so the reduced grades were a nice surprise).
Half of my friends who also applied (they send their applications around October/November) received offers around Christmas and half of them are still waiting (mix of contextual and non-contextual) so it probably depends on the department.

Thank you for the insight! That’s really helpful :smile:
Thank you for the insight! That’s really helpful :smile:

You’re welcome! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest