?
Report 1 week ago
How many places are there?
Siona29
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven’t heard anything back from Keele and my interview was on the 16th of December. My friend who did his a week before received an offer last month so really don’t know what’s going on or when I’m going to get a reply.
sufyan6030
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Siona29)
I haven’t heard anything back from Keele and my interview was on the 16th of December. My friend who did his a week before received an offer last month so really don’t know what’s going on or when I’m going to get a reply.
Same. I had mine around middle of December. Some people who had interviews in January have already received offers! It’s really worrying as I’m yet to hear anything
AdamAmrani
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did mine on the 2nd of December and still haven't heard. I think they just have so many applicants
Siona29
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah they might be doing it in a random order. Its so annoying how they haven't given us a rough time or date when they'll be giving out offers, like for all my other unis they gave a rough timescale for when offers were going to be given out and they actually stuck to it so its was very helpful. Don't know what Keele are doing thou.
sufyan6030
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah they might be doing it in a random order. Its so annoying how they haven't given us a rough time or date when they'll be giving out offers, like for all my other unis they gave a rough timescale for when offers were going to be given out and they actually stuck to it so its was very helpful. Don't know what Keele are doing thou.
I think it’s basing on how well you did in the interview
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone. I can see that so many of you are worried about the long wait. I appreciate that it must be really stressful but the Medicine team have received over 2500 applications this year. The team are working hard to get through all the applications, R+R forms and interview scores as soon as possible but going through all of the applications carefully, in a fair manner will take some time. According to their current plan, interviews will be carried out throughout February (they said mid-February but as far as I know, interview invites are still being sent out and the team never mentioned an exact cut-off date). Furthermore, they hope to have all the offers and rejections confirmed by the end of March. I am sorry I can't be more specific that that at the moment due to the large number of applications. I recommend you keep checking the Keele applicants area for updates as well. You can do so through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/und...pplicantsarea/
Marinarabar
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
How many people were interviewed and how many places are there?
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Marinarabar)
How many people were interviewed and how many places are there?
Hi Marinarabar. The team are aiming to conduct approximately 700 interviews this year. The final number of offers given is set to be decided over the next 3-4 weeks. I am sorry I can't be more specific than that. This is the only information I have been given. I hope it helps!
medicalmentality
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
hey guys i had interview a couple weeks ago, and i wanted to ask has anyone got an offer even though they truly felt as if they did badly? i had internet issues so i didnt get to finish the first station, did anyone experience the same? i felt as if my interviewers had a stiff upper lip especially because one of them was shaking my head during my technical difficulties which then made me flustered :/ thanks
Marinarabar
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by medicalmentality)
hey guys i had interview a couple weeks ago, and i wanted to ask has anyone got an offer even though they truly felt as if they did badly? i had internet issues so i didnt get to finish the first station, did anyone experience the same? i felt as if my interviewers had a stiff upper lip especially because one of them was shaking my head during my technical difficulties which then made me flustered :/ thanks
I got an offer today and didn’t expect to get in. My wifi was really crackly and I had to ask a few times for them to repeat the question because I couldn’t hear them. I think if you didn’t finish because of internet issues you can re schedule though ?
medicalmentality
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Marinarabar)
I got an offer today and didn’t expect to get in. My wifi was really crackly and I had to ask a few times for them to repeat the question because I couldn’t hear them. I think if you didn’t finish because of internet issues you can re schedule though ?
i asked them if there was anything i could do and they basically said no, it is what it is unfortunately, thanks though
MedStudent02
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hey everyone! Congrats on your offers. I'm a first year medical student so if you have any questions about the course or student life in general, please let me know!
garlicbread??
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MedStudent02)
Hey everyone! Congrats on your offers. I'm a first year medical student so if you have any questions about the course or student life in general, please let me know!
Hi! I was just wondering about what student life is like at Keele at the moment and what accommodation you would recommend? Thank you so much !
MedStudent02
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by garlicbread??)
Hi! I was just wondering about what student life is like at Keele at the moment and what accommodation you would recommend? Thank you so much !
Hey! So I am in Barnes right now, and I really do recommend it. In my block there’s 6 different flats, with 4 people in each flat. There’s shared bathroom/toilet and kitchen, but because there’s only 4 people it never gets too crowded. We have a cleaner weekly and the bins get emptied pretty much every day which is nice. The best thing to me is that it only takes 2 minutes to walk to the medical school though, so it’s great for early morning anatomy sessions haha. It’s also only around a 10 minute walk into the campus centre, and about 5 minutes walk to a bus stop to get into town.

Student life is very strange right now. Aside from my flat mates I haven’t met anyone from different courses. The SU are doing lots of virtual activities though, club nights and quizzes etc. The societies are doing a lot too whether it’s fun, social things or revision sessions.

There are no informal study spaces available though so it is quite difficult being stuck in your room staring at a screen all day. I haven’t been back on campus since coming home for Christmas but before then we’d have one or two in person sessions a week which were really great for the change of scenery and chance to talk to everyone else on the course.

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions or if I haven’t addressed anything let me know.
medicalmentality
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MedStudent02)
Hey! So I am in Barnes right now, and I really do recommend it. In my block there’s 6 different flats, with 4 people in each flat. There’s shared bathroom/toilet and kitchen, but because there’s only 4 people it never gets too crowded. We have a cleaner weekly and the bins get emptied pretty much every day which is nice. The best thing to me is that it only takes 2 minutes to walk to the medical school though, so it’s great for early morning anatomy sessions haha. It’s also only around a 10 minute walk into the campus centre, and about 5 minutes walk to a bus stop to get into town.

Student life is very strange right now. Aside from my flat mates I haven’t met anyone from different courses. The SU are doing lots of virtual activities though, club nights and quizzes etc. The societies are doing a lot too whether it’s fun, social things or revision sessions.

There are no informal study spaces available though so it is quite difficult being stuck in your room staring at a screen all day. I haven’t been back on campus since coming home for Christmas but before then we’d have one or two in person sessions a week which were really great for the change of scenery and chance to talk to everyone else on the course.

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions or if I haven’t addressed anything let me know.
are 1st year med students allowed to apply for the parking permit since they may need a car to travel to their hospital placements? is it common for 1st years to bring cars? or are they allowed if they live say 3.5 hours away and cant get home any other way? apparently u can park on the side roads near the campus where there arent any yellow lines, is this common?
MedStudent02
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by medicalmentality)
are 1st year med students allowed to apply for the parking permit since they may need a car to travel to their hospital placements? is it common for 1st years to bring cars? or are they allowed if they live say 3.5 hours away and cant get home any other way? apparently u can park on the side roads near the campus where there arent any yellow lines, is this common?
I haven’t gone through any of this so it might be worth emailing the uni for more specific info! Parking permits are quite rare from what I’ve heard, and we did get an email saying that because of the current situation with placements being virtual less permits will be given out. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!
aspiringmedic786
Rep:
?
Report 49 minutes ago
hey guys had my interview last thursday and got my offer today! surprised I got it so quickly - congrats everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (349)
52.01%
No (322)
47.99%

Watched Threads