The Student Room Group

Keele A100 / A104 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Woooo! Just got an offer!
hey anyone attending the offer holder day tommorow? does anyone know how its going to work for the medicine part of the day?
When you got offers was it an email or a letter (like Leicester)
Original post by AliceAA
When you got offers was it an email or a letter (like Leicester)

An email and then UCAS updated 2 days later :smile:
Does anyone know how many weeks of accommodation we need for medicine?
Original post by srwyate
Does anyone know how many weeks of accommodation we need for medicine?

I searched up the “Keele medicine holidays” and it gave a timetable thing so you could see that but I think we’ll get more information about accommodation via email soon. It said so in the offer.
Does anybody know what exactly the David Weatherall building is for and what the Keele University School of Medicine is for?
What's the difference?
And when I am looking for accommodations, should It be close to the Weatherall building or the School of medicine ?
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
Does anybody know what exactly the David Weatherall building is for and what the Keele University School of Medicine is for?
What's the difference?
And when I am looking for accommodations, should It be close to the Weatherall building or the School of medicine ?

The David Weatherall building is the medical school building - it’s just the name for it. In terms of accommodation Barnes hall is the closest to the Meg school - its only a 1 minute walk but the other accom aren’t also too far around 10/15 mins walk
Original post by aspiringmedic786
The David Weatherall building is the medical school building - it’s just the name for it. In terms of accommodation Barnes hall is the closest to the Meg school - its only a 1 minute walk but the other accom aren’t also too far around 10/15 mins walk

Ahh thanks.
Is The Weatherall building the one you study in your 1st and second year ?
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
Ahh thanks.
Is The Weatherall building the one you study in your 1st and second year ?

Yep that’s where primarily our medical studies will take place
Anyone heard anything over the last few days
(edited 3 years ago)
Does anyone know if there is a website where Keele students post looking for rooms/roommates in the area around the university?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by tcoralj
Does anyone know if there is a website where Keele students post looking for rooms/roommates in the area around the university?

The Keele Uni forum on TSR?

Remember you can ask for off site social media group chats as it's against our rules.

Post originally created by ecolier.
:biggrin: had my interview yesterday afternoon for medicine at keele and got an offer today :smile: over the moon!!!
Original post by pabiluxan
:biggrin: had my interview yesterday afternoon for medicine at keele and got an offer today :smile: over the moon!!!

Wow well done
hello, I got an unconditional offer to study medicine with a foundation year at keele starting in september 2021. I just wanted your thoughts about the foundation year, social life, and anything else really. would appreciate any advice as I do feel a little bit lost and alone.

Original post by student_1037
hello, I got an unconditional offer to study medicine with a foundation year at keele starting in september 2021. I just wanted your thoughts about the foundation year, social life, and anything else really. would appreciate any advice as I do feel a little bit lost and alone.

Hi @student_1037! Don't worry! You are not alone! Deciding where you would like to spend the next 6 years of your life can feel like such a huge task but I am here to try and help it feel as less stressful as possible!

Unfortunately, I didn't do a foundation year myself, but you can find some information on what life is like as a foundation year student at Keele on here- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/foundationyears/lifeonthekeelefoundationyear/
The page contains videos and testimonies from past foundation year students at Keele. If you would like know about the Medicine foundation year, you can do so on here- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/#foundation-year. This web page gives some information on what the course content covered in the foundation year would look like.

As for your question on social life, the university has a variety of clubs and societies that cater to individuals with all sorts of interest! These clubs and societies put on lots events, which is a great opportunity to meet new people and make friends! You can find a list of clubs and societies at Keele on here- https://keelesu.com/activities/clubs-societies/
Furthermore, the students union organises various events throughout the week. These events vary from coffee mornings and crafternoons to nights out and live music events. You can see which events are coming up on the students union webpage- https://keelesu.com/whatson/.
As you can see on the webpages, things are a little bit different right now, given the pandemic. However, the students union and most clubs and societies have adapted their events to fit a virtual or socially distanced environment, in line with the government guidelines, so their members do not miss out!

In addition to events on campus, the nearby town of Newcastle-under-Lyme (15-20 minutes on the bus, 5-10 minute drive) has a range of social spaces as well! They vary from a Vue cinema, arcade, laser quest, crazy golf and bowling to a variety of cafes, pubs and clubs! So there is quite a lot to do in the area.

I hope this helps and you feel a little less lost now! If you have any other questions about Keele, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Reply 137
I just got an offerr!!!! Didn't really expect to get this far lmao. Can someone please tell me what keele is actually is like and stuff about the course/accommodation :smile:
Reply 138
Does anyone know what accommodation is best at Keele? And do they lump medical students together?
Original post by zsalah
I just got an offerr!!!! Didn't really expect to get this far lmao. Can someone please tell me what keele is actually is like and stuff about the course/accommodation :smile:

You can see the offer holders day recording on their YouTube channel. It shows accommodation related things as well a campus tour so you can get a pretty good idea of what it’s like.

For the course itself, try reading the curriculum on their website. You could also sign up for an offer holders day on the 27th of March to know more about the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending