The Student Room Group

Weight Gain????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I don't buy that there's only a 200 kcal difference between fast and slow metabolisms. My brother eats like a pig, he eats whole pizzas and takeaways all the time and is still very skinny. I on the other hand eat about 1500 kcals a day everyday and can't lose weight. I am on medication and have hypothyroidism which explains why I weigh so much. Maybe see about getting a blood test? You may have hyperthyroidism.

I am talking about BMR, TDEE can vary a lot and thats something he is in control of.
yea when your in a surplus gaining fat is a given but if you take it slow you can minimize it and you can always cut later with your new muscle.
Original post by ashtolga23
I understand what you mean, but the science does have exceptions as everybody's body works differently. Tracking calories is probably a good way for OP to start out if they don't already.

Aha, I appreciate that. They're probably not what you think and they've been around pretty much since I was 8 (I'm 17 now), but yeah here's hoping.

Yea I agree tracking would be good advice but I disagree with the everyone's body works differently. Oh, well I wish you luck with them!
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Yea I agree tracking would be good advice but I disagree with the everyone's body works differently. Oh, well I wish you luck with them!

Quick Reply

Latest