some minecraft beginner advice pls

Watch
Ctp35
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’m embarrassed it took me so long to start playing but i’ve had nothing to play it on until now and i know nothing. i told my friend i like mine craft and he started talking about a bunch of stuff that i have no clue about. is there any helpful stuff i should know? i always die so quickly!!
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you double press w you can run. (You can armed change this in setting to another letter so you don’t have keep double pressing). That means when attacking a mob (night creature) rather than repeatedly hitting them, you hit once run back, then hit again and run back. You will have to do this 2-6 times depending on your sword, but once you’ve mastered it, you will be able to kill mobs without them hitting you. However, if you use run a lot you need more food as it makes your hunger go down. Hope this helps.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't dig directly down.
onlytruejx68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ctp35)
i’m embarrassed it took me so long to start playing but i’ve had nothing to play it on until now and i know nothing. i told my friend i like mine craft and he started talking about a bunch of stuff that i have no clue about. is there any helpful stuff i should know? i always die so quickly!!
What platform are you on?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ctp35)
I find it helps to watch some YouTubers to get a general idea of what to do and what things are - it was the quickest way for me to catch up on all the updates in the 5+ years since I last played, you pick up the information quite quickly.
_wdw0703_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suggest watch Minecraft youtubers, they really helped me to start off. I found that people like TommyINNIT, Wilbur Soot, Technoblade, Dream and GeorgeNotFound were the most useful Hope this helps in your minecraft journey
L. Baul
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spend some time crawling through the minecraft wiki every so often.

There's a wealth of knowledge on there about literally everything the game has to offer.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just do creative mode and happy building! Go crazy lol - I usually make huge sky cities.
Arconik
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I recommend some creative, then have a go at survival, and once that gets to stressful look at mumbo jumbo on YouTube and see if Redstone interests you.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm just getting back into this after years oddly enough, the ray traced version is jaw dropping at times.

I've missed like years of stuff tho, hunting about for Obsidian for now.
jeffanbob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Minecraft advice
uses axes they are stronger and jump to get crit hits on people
rember gold pickaxes and not mine gold ore or blocks althou it dose not make any sense at all so many people fall for this
Also when you get more advance make advanced redstone farms and mob grinders
Also skeltons have aimbot always carry a shield around
water buckets. haybales, boats and twisting vines can prevent you from fall damage acoursee also feather falling enchanment. Not as much damage taken with hailbails as regular or in mid fall just exit out the world then rejoin dose not work in nether or end. But in overworld that dose work
TheAexajaxSystem
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Make sure there's no garbage clogging up your inventory.

~Adrianne
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I'm just getting back into this after years oddly enough, the ray traced version is jaw dropping at times.

I've missed like years of stuff tho, hunting about for Obsidian for now.
Same, I played it on PC in java when it first came out back in the days. Haven't touched it since. Can you still do/make whatever you want with unlimited resources and fly everywhere? I remember just building sky cities and mazes with mates at uni.

When I see modern videos of it it just looks like RuneScape to me.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Same, I played it on PC in java when it first came out back in the days. Haven't touched it since. Can you still do/make whatever you want with unlimited resources and fly everywhere? I remember just building sky cities and mazes with mates at uni.

When I see modern videos of it it just looks like RuneScape to me.
Yeah creative mode is still there, but I've always preferred survival and 'earning' the resources. A lot of the modern vids are likely of MC Dungeons/Realms which is more 'gamey' and linear looking. Doesn't really appeal to me either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%