The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks

Yesterday we had our physics mock and I have to admit that for 2 questions which total up to ten marks, I used the internet for. I really regret this and I do not want to get into trouble but when the teachers realise that I have gotten a higher score than others it will be obvious. Therefore I am planning to tell my teacher that I used the internet for those 2 and that he can take them out, but I dont know if he will give me a zero for doing so, please help me because I am insanely stressed out and I really really regret it. Also do you think they will get suspicious that I cheated in other science exams, eventhough its only physics that I am really bad at, bio and chem are fine for me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CloverBoo
Yesterday we had our physics mock and I have to admit that for 2 questions which total up to ten marks, I used the internet for. I really regret this and I do not want to get into trouble but when the teachers realise that I have gotten a higher score than others it will be obvious. Therefore I am planning to tell my teacher that I used the internet for those 2 and that he can take them out, but I dont know if he will give me a zero for doing so, please help me because I am insanely stressed out and I really really regret it. Also do you think they will get suspicious that I cheated in other science exams, eventhough its only physics that I am really bad at, bio and chem are fine for me.

i would leave it, nothing will happen to you as they dont have any proof. its only mocks. just dont do it again
Is the 10 marks really that obvious? If you copied the mark scheme then yes, but if you reworded it I don't think you will get caught. There isn't much point in telling your teacher as they will have to submit a grade for you at the end of the year so you don't want to annoy them. The best thing to do would be to move on and revise so you don't have to do this next time
Reply 3

aren't u doing online learning because of lockdown?? Our school sent our mocks home but we are doing it as an open book exam so we can use other resources to help us fill them out ( these grades don't count to anything for us). If i were you i wouldn't say anything 🤣( ik its not really morally right) but i assume others have probably done the same as you so I wouldn't put my grade on the line because of 2 questions. If u really felt guilty maybe say u wanted to have another go at the whole exam because u felt u could have done better and hopefully u can take the exam properly and guilt-free (:
Reply 4
Original post by User198786
Is the 10 marks really that obvious? If you copied the mark scheme then yes, but if you reworded it I don't think you will get caught. There isn't much point in telling your teacher as they will have to submit a grade for you at the end of the year so you don't want to annoy them. The best thing to do would be to move on and revise so you don't have to do this next time

Original post by ewapieczykolan
i would leave it, nothing will happen to you as they dont have any proof. its only mocks. just dont do it again

okay thank you but I think they will find out what i did when looking at the scores
Reply 5
Original post by mhm...
aren't u doing online learning because of lockdown?? Our school sent our mocks home but we are doing it as an open book exam so we can use other resources to help us fill them out ( these grades don't count to anything for us). If i were you i wouldn't say anything 🤣( ik its not really morally right) but i assume others have probably done the same as you so I wouldn't put my grade on the line because of 2 questions. If u really felt guilty maybe say u wanted to have another go at the whole exam because u felt u could have done better and hopefully u can take the exam properly and guilt-free (:

Thing is when they see the scores it will be obvious because the school are already suspicious about cheating and they said they will find out
okay thank you but I think they will find out what i did when looking at the scores

Is the score with the 10 extra marks around what you usually achieve? If it is they wouldn't say anything. Also, they have no evidence
Reply 7
Original post by User198786
Is the score with the 10 extra marks around what you usually achieve? If it is they wouldn't say anything. Also, they have no evidence

no it is not i am average at physics but not really good so it looks suspicious
Reply 8
no it is not i am average at physics but not really good so it looks suspicious

I could say that I revised a lot but I dont know if they would believe me because I am not seen as the smartest student
Reply 9
Thing is when they see the scores it will be obvious because the school are already suspicious about cheating and they said they will find out

yeah just ask to take the test again and don't cheat this time. If the school ask why u could tell the truth or just say u just felt like u could have done better and want to have another go. The grade u get this time round would be a more accurate reflection on your ability so they shouldn't get too sus
Reply 10
Original post by mhm...
yeah just ask to take the test again and don't cheat this time. If the school ask why u could tell the truth or just say u just felt like u could have done better and want to have another go. The grade u get this time round would be a more accurate reflection on your ability so they shouldn't get too sus

okay but that will have to be in a months time because I have to revise the content properly is that not too late
Reply 11
I could say that I revised a lot but I dont know if they would believe me because I am not seen as the smartest student

yeahhh say u revised being smart and working hard doesn't really have a correlation. Even if u aren't smart doesn't mean u can't work hard to achieve the grade.
Reply 12
okay but that will have to be in a months time because I have to revise the content properly is that not too late

...then wait a month
Reply 13
Original post by mhm...
yeahhh say u revised being smart and working hard doesn't really have a correlation. Even if u aren't smart doesn't mean u can't work hard to achieve the grade.

okay so what should i do in conclusion, I am sorry but I worry a lot and I needed someone to talk to so thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by mhm...
...then wait a month

I would but I dont know if the teachers would
Reply 15
please help me any final thoughts...
please help me any final thoughts...

Forget it, clear you mind and start revising for other mocks. No point in telling the school as you are just digging yourself a bigger hole. Many people do this each year. You just need to understand that you can't do this again and it's near impossible to cheat in real GCSEs
Reply 17
okay so what should i do in conclusion, I am sorry but I worry a lot and I needed someone to talk to so thank you

no problemo in conclusion you could email the school and ask to resit the test after u have revised because you wanted to have another go to improve ( or you can chose what reason u give for this) and not cheat. Or you could simply leave it and if they ever confront you just say you revised (the teachers can't really say you didn't).
Reply 18
Original post by mhm...
no problemo in conclusion you could email the school and ask to resit the test after u have revised because you wanted to have another go to improve ( or you can chose what reason u give for this) and not cheat. Or you could simply leave it and if they ever confront you just say you revised (the teachers can't really say you didn't).

I will revise and take the tests and sow them that i am very capable thanks soo much i really appreciate this
Reply 19
I will revise and take the tests and sow them that i am very capable thanks soo much i really appreciate this

good luck!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest