Aussie vegans getting vasectomies proves the environmental movement haslost its huma

Watch
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Removing your ability to reproduce is not natural. This is an artificial invention and goes against billions of years of evolution. It's far more likely someone is ill, deluded etc. if they think being castrated will help save the planet.
Appealing to nature is a logical fallacy. You posting on a forum isn't "natural" but that doesn't mean to it wrong, modern medicine goes against billions of years of evolution but it is unlikely you would call that bad.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Appealing to nature is a logical fallacy. You posting on a forum isn't "natural" but that doesn't mean to it wrong, modern medicine goes against billions of years of evolution but it is unlikely you would call that bad.
I already know it's a fallacy. I'm gonna make another fallacy, i.e. appealing to emotion to justify the first one: because it just makes me feel better about my argument. I still think they're deluded if they think it helps save the planet.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I already know it's a fallacy. I'm gonna make another fallacy, i.e. appealing to emotion to justify the first one: because it just makes me feel better about my argument. I still think they're deluded if they think it helps save the planet.
So your entire argument is completely without merit.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
So your entire argument is completely without merit.
It's probably more of an opinion I guess.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Removing your ability to reproduce is not natural. This is an artificial invention and goes against billions of years of evolution. It's far more likely someone is ill, deluded etc. if they think being castrated will help save the planet.
Stop doing unnatural things, like posting on an internet forum, and go and hide under a bush until you are too hungry to continue hiding, and then kill something. And have sex once a year.
That is natural behaviour.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
Stop doing unnatural things, like posting on an internet forum, and go and hide under a bush until you are too hungry to continue hiding, and then kill something. And have sex once a year.
That is natural behaviour.
I like using the internet, and having a warm home, and not murdering ppl. I also think it's just utter delusion if castration = save the planet lol.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Humans aren't meant to survive on vegetables. We are meat eaters above all else. We can survive on meat alone in our diet in fact. This vegetables ******** is just a result of first world countries and first world problems seeking attention.
False. Vegetarianism and veganism exist all over the world, not just in first world countries.
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Humans aren't meant to survive on vegetables.
Why not? Many South American peoples, the French, Irish, Russians and Germans, as well as Papua New Guineans have all lived on potatoes or sweet potatoes alone at one time or another.

Take the Irish, for example, between 1750 and 1840, Ireland experienced a tremendously rapid increase in population. The Irish population doubled twice in that period. Whereas in 1750 about 2.5 million people lived in Ireland, in 1791 this number had already increased to 4.4 million and reached 8.2 million in 1841.

What changed? The widespread cultivation of the potato.

We are meat eaters above all else.
If we are "meat eaters above all else", why are our teeth and jaws so unsuited to tearing into other animals? Lions have very little difficulty tearing apart and eating animals much larger than themselves, such as wildebeests; however, with our bare hands and teeth, we would struggle to tear into and eat a dead chicken, pigeon or even a squirrel.

Notwithstanding the fact that lions are capable of digesting raw flesh and organs, with parts of the hide, dirt and faeces without any issues, if we are "meat eaters above all else", why can't we do the same without potentially fatal consequences?

And if we are "meat eaters above all else", why are animal products the leading cause of mortality for humans in the Western world? Why do they promote atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks, as well as many cancers? Why would the food that is meant above all else for our species on this planet shorten our lives?

We can survive on meat alone in our diet in fact.
Sure, however, if you are raised on a predominantly meat-based diet from birth you probably won't see 60 years of age (I'm presuming that you aren't an Inuit).

And if you are an Inuit following this diet, you probably won't see 70 years of age. With 6000 years of evolution on a 10 month per year carnivore diet, the Inuit life expectancy in Canada stands between 64-67 years of age (they eat as many plants as they can during the summer months).

FYI: the life expectancy in the rest of Canada is approximately 80 years of age.

This vegetables ******** is just a result of first world countries and first world problems seeking attention.
As the only diet known to reverse cardiovascular diseases, as well as the diet with the lowest rates of obesity and mortality, perhaps there's something more to it than "first world attention seeking", no?
Last edited by Stalin; 1 month ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stalin)
Why not? Many South American peoples, the French, Irish, Russians and Germans, as well as Papua New Guineans have all lived on potatoes or sweet potatoes alone at one time or another.

Take the Irish, for example, between 1750 and 1840, Ireland experienced a tremendously rapid increase in population. The Irish population doubled twice in that period. Whereas in 1750 about 2.5 million people lived in Ireland, in 1791 this number had already increased to 4.4 million and reached 8.2 million in 1841.

What changed? The widespread cultivation of the potato.

If we are "meat eaters above all else", why are our teeth and jaws so unsuited to tearing into other animals? Lions have very little difficulty eating animals much larger than themselves, such as wildebeests; however, with our bare hands and teeth, we would struggle to tear into and eat a dead chicken, pigeon or even a squirrel.

Notwithstanding the fact that lions are capable of digesting raw flesh and organs, with parts of the hide, dirt and faeces without any issues, if we are "meat eaters above all else", why can't we do the same without potentially fatal consequences?

And if we are "meat eaters above all else", why are animal products the leading cause of mortality for humans in the Western world? Why do they promote atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks, as well as many cancers? Why would the food that is meant above all else for our species on this planet shorten our lives?

Sure, however, if you are raised on a predominantly meat-based diet from birth you probably won't see 60 years of age (I'm presuming that you aren't an Inuit).

And if you are an Inuit following this diet, you probably won't see 70 years of age. With 6000 years of a 10 month per year carnivore diet, the Inuit life expectancy in Canada stands between 64-67 years of age (they eat as many plants as they can during the summer months).

FYI: the life expectancy in the rest of Canada is approximately 80 years of age.

As the only diet known to reverse cardiovascular diseases, as well as the diet with the lowest rates of obesity and mortality, perhaps there's something more to it than "first world attention seeking", no?
Our teeth and jaws are suited to chewing food, not ripping raw meat to shreds and swallowing it... that's not how our bodies work so very flawed argument to compare us to other animals.

Life expectancy I got no concerns already technology and medicine is advancing to eventually halt the ageing process so this don't really matter long term anymore.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
False. Vegetarianism and veganism exist all over the world, not just in first world countries.
Poor countries don't have the luxury of choosing their diet, they typically eat what's available and affordable.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Poor countries don't have the luxury of choosing their diet, they typically eat what's available and affordable.
So are all vegetarian Hindus in India poor, or something?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like using the internet, and having a warm home, and not murdering ppl. I also think it's just utter delusion if castration = save the planet lol.
Au contraire. The castration of certain people would go a long way to saving the planet.
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Our teeth and jaws are suited to chewing food, not ripping raw meat to shreds and swallowing it... that's not how our bodies work so very flawed argument to compare us to other animals.
I'll assume that you're conceding the point that "humans aren't meant to survive on vegetables". Ok, with that one debunked let's carry on...

Indeed, our teeth and jaws are designed to chew food, which is a herbivore characteristic, not a carnivore one. Herbivores chew, carnivores tear and swallow, while their stomach acid does the rest.

Given that we must prepare and cook most animal products, unlike carnivores, and given that these products promote atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks, as well as many cancers in humans and shorten our lifespan proves that it is detrimental to our health.

Therefore, why would you eat a diet that shortens your life and is detrimental to your health instead of a plant-based diet, which I will reiterate is the only diet known to reverse cardiovascular diseases, as well as the diet with the lowest rates of obesity and mortality?

Life expectancy I got no concerns already technology and medicine is advancing to eventually halt the ageing process so this don't really matter long term anymore.
Requiring medicine and technology to extend your life expectancy due to your life-shortening diet which promotes atherosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes and cancers isn't a particularly convincing argument to support your claim that "we are meat eaters above all else".

To use your words, that's a "very flawed argument".
Last edited by Stalin; 1 month ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
So are all vegetarian Hindus in India poor, or something?
Not accounting for religious/cultural reasons obviously... I've been to those countries and in my experience our families there just eat what they can aside from religious reasons, what is affordable.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stalin)
I'll assume that you're conceding the point that "humans aren't meant to survive on vegetables". Ok, with that one debunked let's carry on...

Indeed, our teeth and jaws are designed to chew food, which is a herbivore characteristic, not a carnivore one. Herbivores chew, carnivores tear and swallow, while their stomach acid does the rest.

Given that we must prepare and cook most animal products, unlike carnivores, and given that these products promote atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks, as well as many cancers in humans and shorten our lifespan proves that it is detrimental to our health.

Therefore, why would you eat a diet that shortens your life and is detrimental to your health instead of a plant-based diet, which I will reiterate is the only diet known to reverse cardiovascular diseases, as well as the diet with the lowest rates of obesity and mortality?

Requiring medicine and technology to extend your life expectancy due to your life-shortening diet which promotes atherosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes and cancers isn't a particularly convincing argument to support your claim that "we are meat eaters above all else".

To use your words, that's a "very flawed argument".
I ain't conceding it, humans are not meant to survive on veggies alone - this is a fact. You need a varied diet with meat included. Now I know these days you can get away with it of course with meat replacements and supplements etc. but still a fact nonetheless that humans are not MEANT to survive on veggies alone our biology just isn't made that way.

Our biology has developed where we typically gotta cook our food, including meat, to get the most out of it. Just how we are. With modern technologies we are able to cheat most of this.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Humans aren't meant to survive on vegetables. We are meat eaters above all else. We can survive on meat alone in our diet in fact. This vegetables ******** is just a result of first world countries and first world problems seeking attention.
For the vast majority of human existence meat has been a relatively rare luxury. The amount of meat we are able to consume today is completely unnatural and only made possible through modern, industrial farming and distribution.

We can survive on meat alone in our diet in fact.
Last I checked, scurvy was fatal.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
For the vast majority of human existence meat has been a relatively rare luxury. The amount of meat we are able to consume today is utterly unnatural and only made possible through modern, industrial farming and distribution.

Last I checked, scurvy was fatal.
You barely need any vitamin C in your diet if you only eat meat. Even then, just take supplements if you're scared, or eat different parts of the meat that have this and mix it up with other stuff.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You barely need any vitamin C in your diet if you only eat meat. Even then, just take supplements if you're scared, or eat different parts of the meat that have this and mix it up with other stuff.
Supplements. So natural.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
Supplements. So natural.
Nothing natural about it really. They're artificial.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nothing natural about it really. They're artificial.
A round of applause for TSR's resident genius.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.6%
Virtual campus tours/open days (117)
23.4%
Live streaming events (45)
9%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (49)
9.8%
A uni comparison tool (115)
23%
An in-person event when available (111)
22.2%