The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can see everyone’s really divided in the answers to my question, but most people are saying not to visit him. I won’t end up visiting him. It’s just so annoying when I see people my age posting pictures with their partners who I know don’t live with them on social media, it just makes me think well if they’re doing that why can’t I see my bf? It’s a selfish small thought which I’m trying to silence obviously.
Original post by Ciel.
it ****ing is. it's mentally damaging.

I like a touch of the ciel pessimism/ scepticism.
I see mine most days. He gets tested very regularly so Ik it’s safe to but I would be seeing him anyway even if he wasn’t but maybe out and not in my house. Fines would be hard to enforce if it’s just you two they’re only really given out to large gatherings and those causing a nuisance. I say just see him but if you’re worried both get tested first and have excuses prepared incase you’re asked by police etc
Original post by Anonymous
I can see everyone’s really divided in the answers to my question, but most people are saying not to visit him. I won’t end up visiting him. It’s just so annoying when I see people my age posting pictures with their partners who I know don’t live with them on social media, it just makes me think well if they’re doing that why can’t I see my bf? It’s a selfish small thought which I’m trying to silence obviously.

Is moving in with him not an option?
Prehapes you could both apply for the same volenteer job?
1) it’s against the ****ing law. You can get fined £200 on the spot. If you have that money lying around go for it. Also never mind that it’s ****ing selfish. Stop being so ****ing conceited and think about other people for once in your life
2) her parents may get seriously ill, it’s not just old people getting the virus. Her parents may also have underlying health conditions you don’t know. So stop being a **** and obey the law

So firstly, I didn't say that I broke the law or intended to. Yes, you can get fined if you're stupid. Let's say she went to her bf's house... the police aren't going to see she's inside. On the journey there if you supposedly get stopped you can say you're going on an essential journey e.g the shops. I don't think it's selfish to go out if its for your own mental health. And yes, there are people who are not old getting the virus. But the majority of those getting it are old, and I think she may have mentioned if the parents had underlying health conditions. I for one will not be following more rules past April or Easter holiday.

God I understand but just because others are doing it doesn’t mean it’s right. These people are selfish, and I appreciate you for understanding the rules. I know it’s hard ❤️
1) who cares if it’s against the law its everyone out for themselves
2) her parents are unlikely to get it bad or die, it’s over 80s who have mostly died and middle aged is not high risk. The largest spread of corona is in hospitals and care homes

I guess we have different definitions of bad; middle aged people are likely to be in bed for a couple of days at least, likely weeks, and then they might have long covid as well.

Furthermore, many middle aged people have at least one condition (eg diabetes and high blood pressure are common). These factors increase the risk.
So firstly, I didn't say that I broke the law or intended to. Yes, you can get fined if you're stupid. Let's say she went to her bf's house... the police aren't going to see she's inside. On the journey there if you supposedly get stopped you can say you're going on an essential journey e.g the shops. I don't think it's selfish to go out if its for your own mental health. And yes, there are people who are not old getting the virus. But the majority of those getting it are old, and I think she may have mentioned if the parents had underlying health conditions. I for one will not be following more rules past April or Easter holiday. Ret**d

You’re dumb and stupid and selfish. This is serious! 1500 people died yesterday! 1500! In one day. You disgust me
Really sad to read how many seem to no longer care. I know it's difficult to cope with and that people are struggling with their mental health, but it's so damaging to know that, as someone who is shielding and isn't old, people seem to no longer care for people like me. It's upsetting.
So firstly, I didn't say that I broke the law or intended to. Yes, you can get fined if you're stupid. Let's say she went to her bf's house... the police aren't going to see she's inside. On the journey there if you supposedly get stopped you can say you're going on an essential journey e.g the shops. I don't think it's selfish to go out if its for your own mental health. And yes, there are people who are not old getting the virus. But the majority of those getting it are old, and I think she may have mentioned if the parents had underlying health conditions. I for one will not be following more rules past April or Easter holiday. Ret**d

I’m glad that you’ll at least follow the rules until the end of April. Hopefully if everyone follows the rules, the government may be able to lighten some of the restrictions by then :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Ciel.
some are actually ridiculous.. or the whole thing about vaccinating over 80s? lmao whatever for. not like they have a lot of time left. they're probably just test bunnies. i mean it makes no logical sense, old people rarely leave the house. vaccinate working age people?

For probably the first time ever I don't think you're being cynical enough. I think you've missed the vital info that older people need a lot of hospital care if they get covid - they're being vaccinated first in order to try and prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed.
You're rude and aggressive and I hope you die from the virus you love so much. 1500 people did not die yesterday you sheep. There is always a lag in reporting meaning some of those people will not have died yesterday. Other's will have been at end of life and then contracted the virus which did not cause their death, but it was still put on the certificate. You disgust me.

Awww sorry you’re all upset for being called out for being a selfish person 🥲. I hope you get your priorities straight. I cannot be dealing with no conspiracy theorist.
Original post by glassalice
Is moving in with him not an option?
Prehapes you could both apply for the same volenteer job?

Not possible since we’re a very new couple and my family doesn’t know him/his family don’t know me. I don’t think we can volunteer because I have uni and he has work.
You're rude and aggressive and I hope you die from the virus you love so much. 1500 people did not die yesterday you sheep. There is always a lag in reporting meaning some of those people will not have died yesterday. Other's will have been at end of life and then contracted the virus which did not cause their death, but it was still put on the certificate. You disgust me.

Just to let u knwo the number reported are deaths within 28 days of a positive result of covid, and death certificates must be approved by doctors; no ‘others will have been at the end of life and then contracted the virus which did not cause their death’ situations should happen:smile:
Not possible since we’re a very new couple and my family doesn’t know him/his family don’t know me. I don’t think we can volunteer because I have uni and he has work.

Some places only want volunteers for 3-4 hours a week.
I see mine most days. He gets tested very regularly so Ik it’s safe to but I would be seeing him anyway even if he wasn’t but maybe out and not in my house. Fines would be hard to enforce if it’s just you two they’re only really given out to large gatherings and those causing a nuisance. I say just see him but if you’re worried both get tested first and have excuses prepared incase you’re asked by police etc

You should only be meeting in a public place like a park or something if you go round each other's houses it's quite selfish and you could be unknowingly passing it on to someone more vulnerable
Just to let u knwo the number reported are deaths within 28 days of a positive result of covid, and death certificates must be approved by doctors; no ‘others will have been at the end of life and then contracted the virus which did not cause their death’ situations should happen:smile:

My information is right- you can find online which deaths were reported when. There was a big upstreak after Christmas because of the backlog. And a patient with Covid at time of death although not necessarily causing death does get covid put on the death certificate- this has occurred with several family friends' deaths :smile:
Awww sorry you’re all upset for being called out for being a selfish person 🥲. I hope you get your priorities straight. I cannot be dealing with no conspiracy theorist.

I'm sorry you're getting called out for your overzealous and misinformed bull. I obviously believe that coronavirus exists, that people are dying from it, but the facts reported are not necessarily correct especially if you're getting it from mainstream media. Reading medical journals and papers can be a much better source of information that does prove my information correct. Have you died yet?
Where do you live? It was genuinely unbearable to be outside in Manchester a while back, like I couldn’t feel my hands or feet.
My information is right- you can find online which deaths were reported when. There was a big upstreak after Christmas because of the backlog. And a patient with Covid at time of death although not necessarily causing death does get covid put on the death certificate- this has occurred with several family friends' deaths :smile:

Yes there was a backlog with data
If that happened then clearly covid Mausi have been a factor in their death whether u want to believe it or not. Possibly it was just the trigger; still the chase tho.

Latest

Trending

Trending