Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Do you think there's more bohemian/hippie people than the average uni?What's the vibes

Thx xoxo
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you think there's more bohemian/hippie people than the average uni?What's the vibes

Thx xoxo
Hello,

Thank you for your question. Sussex University, and generally Brighton as a city can be said to be ethnically/ culturally diverse. For instance, students from over 100 different countries study at Sussex, and students self-recognizing as belonging to BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) cultural background make a significant proportion of overall student population. Personally, I would not say that I have noticed a large proportion of bohemian/hippie people at Sussex campus per say. However, I am sure there are certain individuals at Sussex uni, and Brighton as a whole that would describe themselves as such. If you are really keen on finding out more about this subject, I would recommend emailing Sussex University (General enquiries; [email protected]), as they may be able to provide you with a bit more detailed response, or refer you to appropriate contacts/ resources.

Overall, ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity is highly celebrated as Sussex, as is reflected by a high number of culturally-specific societies & events, and specific sources of support for ethnic minority & international students. Let me know if you would be interested in finding out more about the latter two points. Also, if you have any further questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads