The Student Room Group

Opinions on Ofqual’s Consultation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tolgash
However, it very rarely comes down to A Levels, even for competitive jobs. Interviews, aptitude-test scores, your alma mater, degree classification and work experience all greatly supersede that, even connections may come into play.

Somewhat true but tbh not everyone wants to do FE and as much as I prefer getting grades via proper exams, I don't like employers looking at grades anyway (good grades≠good enough skills for the job).
Original post by Imane888
Somewhat true but tbh not everyone wants to do FE and as much as I prefer getting grades via proper exams, I don't like employers looking at grades anyway (good grades≠good enough skills for the job).

Don't you mean HE? Sixth form is part of FE.

I agree to a large extent.
Original post by Tolgash
Don't you mean HE? Sixth form is part of FE.

I agree to a large extent.

Yeah mean HE then.
The only thing I am really fine with is the fact that there will be an early results day.
I am nervous because it is still uncertain what they want us to do.
I want an 18 month cut off for the work we have done as it needs to be as accurate as possible and it would balance out the possible unfairness of the examinations.
I do not like how they are doing this and I am worried in all honesty.
Original post by Akash1234567
The only thing I am really fine with is the fact that there will be an early results day.
I am nervous because it is still uncertain what they want us to do.
I want an 18 month cut off for the work we have done as it needs to be as accurate as possible and it would balance out the possible unfairness of the examinations.
I do not like how they are doing this and I am worried in all honesty.

I’m hoping for an early results day as well.

18 month is probably fair, but I wasn’t necessarily happy with a cut off point. Students may have been showing their best potential back when there was no pandemic to worry about, so it seems harsh to cut them off from that. I think my work has been fairly consistent, but others have probably seen a decline due to all sorts of COVID-related reasons. Having said this, I wouldn’t be outraged about it if it was 18 months. Something like 3 (which I believe was an option), would really disturb me.

I’m pretty worried too, and I can’t wait until they announce the results of this consultation. I know what I’m hoping for, and I just hope things work out.
Original post by ashtolga23
I’m hoping for an early results day as well.

18 month is probably fair, but I wasn’t necessarily happy with a cut off point. Students may have been showing their best potential back when there was no pandemic to worry about, so it seems harsh to cut them off from that. I think my work has been fairly consistent, but others have probably seen a decline due to all sorts of COVID-related reasons. Having said this, I wouldn’t be outraged about it if it was 18 months. Something like 3 (which I believe was an option), would really disturb me.

I’m pretty worried too, and I can’t wait until they announce the results of this consultation. I know what I’m hoping for, and I just hope things work out.

I completely agree with what you are saying. I think it needs to be at least 12 months (Preferably 18 months), anything less is absolutely wrong and I think that it is the only way for their to be a fair compromise. Do you want assessments ideally? I do not think there should be but I am preparing for them just in case.
Original post by Akash1234567
I completely agree with what you are saying. I think it needs to be at least 12 months (Preferably 18 months), anything less is absolutely wrong and I think that it is the only way for their to be a fair compromise. Do you want assessments ideally? I do not think there should be but I am preparing for them just in case.

Assessments as in exams of some kind? If that’s what you mean then certainly not.
Original post by ashtolga23
Assessments as in exams of some kind? If that’s what you mean then certainly not.

Yeah. I do not want them. I think it would be awful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending