Bethanycarr2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
just trying to find people who are going to leeds
i'm still waiting to hear back from them, does anyone know how long they usually take?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ive moved your thread to a more relevant section

University of Leeds Applicants Megathread for 2021 entry
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Bethanycarr2003)
i'm still waiting to hear back from them, does anyone know how long they usually take?
Hi, I applied to university of leeds! I applied in october, took exactly one week for them to give me an offer. I have applied for business management! Which course have you applied to?

Guess it depends on the course on how long they take!!
Bo.jewell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I got an offer a couple of months ago from Leeds, but I applied for biology so it might be down tot the course or how quick you got your UCAS form in.
alenaosbourne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hiya, I have applied to Leeds Uni too!
What have you applied for?
DAVE_CHUNKY
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,
Have applied for Geography with Transport studies at Leeds. The application was submitted the day before the deadline, not heard anything back as of yet. They have until May to issue a response! Good luck.
Liviette
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
Hi, I applied to university of leeds! I applied in october, took exactly one week for them to give me an offer. I have applied for business management! Which course have you applied to?

Guess it depends on the course on how long they take!!
Omg I replied for business management too in December but I’ve still yet to receive an offer or update! This makes me so nervous
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I applied to Leeds on the 30th of November. There was an issue with the course I was applying for and I think admissions emailed me on the 7th of December allowing me to change course, and then I got an offer on the 9th by email, and the official UCAS offer came on the 10th.
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Liviette)
Omg I replied for business management too in December but I’ve still yet to receive an offer or update! This makes me so nervous
I would 100% feel the same! I know someone who has also been waiting since December too (applied for business management but with marketing), they received an email saying Leeds will update them within 6-8 weeks - but no response so far. Did you get an email like this?

Hopefully you will receive an offer from leeds soon
YasiinsG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I applied leeds on 24 th nov and got an offer the next day. It was surprisingly very quick. For maths
Liviette
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would 100% feel the same! I know someone who has also been waiting since December too (applied for business management but with marketing), they received an email saying Leeds will update them within 6-8 weeks - but no response so far. Did you get an email like this?

Hopefully you will receive an offer from leeds soon
Yeah I got the email around the 15th of December so I think it’s been around 6 weeks? I’ve received all my other offers so it’s just making me impatient! What other unis have you applied to.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I applied in November for dental hygiene and therapy didn’t hear anything till a few days ago an email to say they hope to shortlist for interviews within the next few weeks
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah I got the email around the 15th of December so I think it’s been around 6 weeks? I’ve received all my other offers so it’s just making me impatient! What other unis have you applied to.
Congrats on getting 4 offers ( i am sure you will receive one from leeds soon)

I applied to York, loughborough, sussex and reading. Pretty certain I am going to firm leeds and maybe insure york or reading? Will probably make up my mind after I attend the offer holder event! Which other universities have you applied to?+ which ones do you think you will insure or firm
Liviette
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Congrats on getting 4 offers ( i am sure you will receive one from leeds soon)

I applied to York, loughborough, sussex and reading. Pretty certain I am going to firm leeds and maybe insure york or reading? Will probably make up my mind after I attend the offer holder event! Which other universities have you applied to?+ which ones do you think you will insure or firm
I was thinking of applying to reading too but thought it was too close to where I live currently!
I applied to Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent and Manchester met and I really want to firm Leeds and my insurance would be Bournemouth due to the low grade requirements! What grades did Leeds offer you?
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I was thinking of applying to reading too but thought it was too close to where I live currently!
I applied to Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent and Manchester met and I really want to firm Leeds and my insurance would be Bournemouth due to the low grade requirements! What grades did Leeds offer you?
Reading is actually the "closest" university to me, around 1hour and 30 minute drive. All the others I have applied to are at least a 3-5 hour drive!

Leeds offered me AAB or BBB (+access to leeds). I am going to complete access to leeds so technically BBB. I have heard that Bournemouth is a nice university, lots of people in my sixth form have applied there!!
Well do let me know if you receive any updates
Liviette
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Reading is actually the "closest" university to me, around 1hour and 30 minute drive. All the others I have applied to are at least a 3-5 hour drive!

Leeds offered me AAB or BBB (+access to leeds). I am going to complete access to leeds so technically BBB. I have heard that Bournemouth is a nice university, lots of people in my sixth form have applied there!!
Well do let me know if you receive any updates
Reading is about an hour from where I live! Leeds appeals to me so much since it’s far, is a nice city and relatively good accommodation
Also Bournemouth is really nice and is near the beach so definitely a plus in summer lol.
What’s the access to Leeds course? And I will defo keep you updated (:
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Reading is about an hour from where I live! Leeds appeals to me so much since it’s far, is a nice city and relatively good accommodation
Also Bournemouth is really nice and is near the beach so definitely a plus in summer lol.
What’s the access to Leeds course? And I will defo keep you updated (:
Yes, I definitely agree! I love the city too & the accommodation. Which accommodation do you like? I am thinking of applying to Montague Burton!

Access to leeds is a 'widening access programme,' where you complete online modules and either a project/essay/quiz i think? They said that this year the things on access to leeds could change. To be eligible for the programme you have to qualify with at least two of the factors, I was eligible due to my past secondary school and postcode- but there are other factors too. Access to leeds also allows you to get a lower entry requirement for the course (i.e. mine was reduced from AAB to BBB).

It is worth checking to see if you are eligible
Liviette
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes, I definitely agree! I love the city too & the accommodation. Which accommodation do you like? I am thinking of applying to Montague Burton!

Access to leeds is a 'widening access programme,' where you complete online modules and either a project/essay/quiz i think? They said that this year the things on access to leeds could change. To be eligible for the programme you have to qualify with at least two of the factors, I was eligible due to my past secondary school and postcode- but there are other factors too. Access to leeds also allows you to get a lower entry requirement for the course (i.e. mine was reduced from AAB to BBB).

It is worth checking to see if you are eligible
I just checked and I think I’m eligible due to my old school and my parents not going to university + low income but it says I should’ve applied along side my UCAS application? How did you get it? Also is it done before the academic year starts or alongside it?

Also I was thinking maybe Leodis or James Baille, if Montague Burton wasn’t shared bathroom then I would chose there since I’ve heard it’s really nice and sociable. Also I forgot to say congrats on your offer! I hope we both get to go and enjoy the business course (:
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I just checked and I think I’m eligible due to my old school and my parents not going to university + low income but it says I should’ve applied along side my UCAS application? How did you get it? Also is it done before the academic year starts or alongside it?

Also I was thinking maybe Leodis or James Baille, if Montague Burton wasn’t shared bathroom then I would chose there since I’ve heard it’s really nice and sociable. Also I forgot to say congrats on your offer! I hope we both get to go and enjoy the business course (:
You should 100% apply! I accidentally forgot to submit my application form for access to leeds (around 4 days after applying on track). You just need to fill out the form that is provided on the website and make sure you get the person in charge of UCAS at your school to write you a reference (you'll see why if you apply for it). I was eligible for access to leeds due to my secondary school being below average and my postcode (quintile 2). just try to submit it ASAP! The scheme is done this year (during alevels), but they said they might change the content which is involved.

Awww thanks! I really hope we will both be able to enjoy the business course too
Liviette
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You should 100% apply! I accidentally forgot to submit my application form for access to leeds (around 4 days after applying on track). You just need to fill out the form that is provided on the website and make sure you get the person in charge of UCAS at your school to write you a reference (you'll see why if you apply for it). I was eligible for access to leeds due to my secondary school being below average and my postcode (quintile 2). just try to submit it ASAP! The scheme is done this year (during alevels), but they said they might change the content which is involved.

Awww thanks! I really hope we will both be able to enjoy the business course too
I don’t know if they’ll accept it since I applied almost two months ago and it might delay my offer even further ): ughhh I wish I knew about it sooner
And yeah it looks super great! I like the look of the modules and options. Out of interest which A levels do you do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (87)
32.22%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (33)
12.22%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.52%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.19%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.11%

Watched Threads