The Student Room Group

University advice?

I’ve applied for 5 universities & just wondered if anyone can give me advice on where to choose (academically, night life, accommodation etc) - it’s hard to decide because I never had the opportunity to go to any open days due to covid!

I’ve applied for Management/Marketing/HR courses

- Uni of Manchester (first choice)
- Uni of Leeds
- Uni of York
- Uni Of St Andrews (mums favourite)
- Uni Of Salford (my back up)

Thank you!

(I am hoping for buzz/drinking/making loads of friends at uni as well as learning so if you have anything to say about that, mention it too!)
Sounds like you already have your favourite.
Don’t go somewhere just because your parents like it, although you should think about why they like it and if that’s something you also want.

Go Manchester as firm and Salford as insurance
Original post by Anonymous018
I’ve applied for 5 universities & just wondered if anyone can give me advice on where to choose (academically, night life, accommodation etc) - it’s hard to decide because I never had the opportunity to go to any open days due to covid!

I’ve applied for Management/Marketing/HR courses

- Uni of Manchester (first choice)
- Uni of Leeds
- Uni of York
- Uni Of St Andrews (mums favourite)
- Uni Of Salford (my back up)

Thank you!

(I am hoping for buzz/drinking/making loads of friends at uni as well as learning so if you have anything to say about that, mention it too!)

Try and go to a Russell Group uni just for the prestige. Manchester is a good first choice. A great student city with so many unis there so there is a great buzz. Leeds also has a really good student nightlife. York is a campus uni, much smaller than Manchester Uni and Leeds uni so the nightlife is not as thriving. Salford is near to Manchester so you will enjoy the same nightlife as if you had gone to Manchester Uni but Salford Uni is not in the same league as the other four. St Andrews is a top uni. But its a bit of a magnet for posh people - public school types. The future King of England went there.
Reply 3
Original post by mike23mike
Try and go to a Russell Group uni just for the prestige. Manchester is a good first choice. A great student city with so many unis there so there is a great buzz. Leeds also has a really good student nightlife. York is a campus uni, much smaller than Manchester Uni and Leeds uni so the nightlife is not as thriving. Salford is near to Manchester so you will enjoy the same nightlife as if you had gone to Manchester Uni but Salford Uni is not in the same league as the other four. St Andrews is a top uni. But its a bit of a magnet for posh people - public school types. The future King of England went there.

Please forgive my ignorance but what did you mean by ‘campus Uni’?

Latest

Trending

Trending