sfa.lcas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody else has experience being in University Park halls being gluten free, or having dietary requirements (other than veggie).

So I have an unconditional for uni of nottingham that I’ve firmed and I’ve heard that staying in catered halls is a much more social and generally better experience. However, I am allergic to gluten and therefore gluten free so have limited options as to what I can eat! I’m desperate to have the experience of living in catered though and don’t want to let my allergies stop this if I know it can be worked around!

Are there any in particular which do better food or could be more accommodating for dietary needs that people know of/experienced?
Thanks
FerrousS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's the same catering company, so in theory all the halls should be about the same.

If you want to do it, I think you can. You'll have to talk to the catering staff at your halls, and they can tell you which options are gluten free, and make you up something different when none of the normal options are. However, don't expect much; I've seen some pretty abysmal gluten-free options (I'm not gluten-free myself, but I knew people in halls who were) - a jacket potato, mixed beans from a can, plain rice and veg.

On balance, if you really want to you can, but I would be wary of it. Again, the quality of food is pretty bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (202)
43.72%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.84%

Watched Threads