The Student Room Group

Menstrual Cup for Nurses/Midwives

I will hopefully be starting a midwifery course at university and will eventually be on placement. I used to have really heavy & long periods so I am used to wearing pads and tampons, a lot of them.
Now, on the pill, my period only lasts 3-4 days and is fairly light/regular flow.
Would it be a good idea to invest in a menstrual cup that I can wear for hours at a time while working in the hospital? Any insight into personal experience with this would be great!
I don't have any experirnce with cups I'm afraid bit a few of my friends use them and like them alot. I think alot of it is getting the right size and fit.
I use the period knickers with a reusable pad on top for very heavy days, taking the pad off when saturated. The knickers hold the equivalent of about 4 tampons so they work well. Could that be an option for you?
Reply 2
Thankyou! I'll have a look into that
Reply 3
why didn't you wear the cup before when you had the heavy flow? if your flow is light why not just use pads. personally I dont stick stuff up my cooch that don't belong there.
Reply 4
Original post by saskiax
why didn't you wear the cup before when you had the heavy flow? if your flow is light why not just use pads. personally I dont stick stuff up my cooch that don't belong there.

Because I was 13 and didn't know cups existed. Also, I would rather not wear uncomfy pads for 12 hours on my feet all day/night.

Quick Reply

Latest