The Student Room Group

The TSR Old Age Home

Scroll to see replies

I started noticing grey hairs before 25... They are definitely more noticeable now, nearly 10 years later :frown:
Original post by ReadingMum
It is a grey section at the front right now - think Caryn Franklin in the clothes show. My Dad had black hair with a similar white section which we used to call his Mallen streak - apparently they are trendy now

It's even got a Latin term, poliosis circumscripta.
Original post by Isinglass
It's even got a Latin term, poliosis circumscripta.

That's not quite right, it is actually Pilosis Circumtripta.
Original post by OrielMum
I started going grey at 23!! Am really grey now and don't dye it. looked quite nice when I had a really young face 🙄

My eyesight is going as well, so I can't say if I have a young face or not!! I do know that putting mascara etc on with my glasses on is impossible, but without them it really is hit and miss!:wink:
Original post by meddad
Does it work for squeezing spots ? Not sure why I still get them at my age - very "irritating" 😝

You are just a teenager at heart (and skin) :biggrin:
I had my first cataract op at 49 and they left that one deliberately at -2 for close work. It wouldn't help much for eye makeup, if I wore it, as the angles are all wrong.
Original post by ReadingMum
I had my first cataract op at 49 and they left that one deliberately at -2 for close work. It wouldn't help much for eye makeup, if I wore it, as the angles are all wrong.

Great thing about wearing masks is that makeup really isn't necessary, not that I ever wore a lot. But given the skinny nature of my eyelashes a tiny bit of mascara does a world of good, as long as I don't put the brush in my eye and end up crying all morning!!
Original post by Scotney
No,no I will never surrender.My worst nightmare is my hairdresser dying before me.

Lol
Original post by Oxford Mum
Lol

I'll start worrying when I have to blue rinse!
Original post by Nobody2u
I'll start worrying when I have to blue rinse!

I recently tried to dye my hair blonde but it turned orange. My original colour is brown and I am trying to grow out the orange, so I look just like a jaffa cake.
Original post by Oxford Mum
I recently tried to dye my hair blonde but it turned orange. My original colour is brown and I am trying to grow out the orange, so I look just like a jaffa cake.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
I feel old. LOL!

Happy Friday to the people who are still here!
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
I feel old. LOL!

Happy Friday to the people who are still here!

Eh? What's that? Medium large. Two sugars. Ten past nine. Only if you warm your hands first.
Me too! Woke up with back ache!😭 But happy Friday/ weekend to you too!
Happy Friday old people!

I’ve recently reached the milestone whereby things don’t heal properly anymore. Tripped over the stairgate and fell flat on my face 2 months ago and my wrist still hurts when I do strenuous tasks such as starting the car or filling the kettle 😂 I guess I need to be very careful from now on!
Don't start worrying until it's the idea of doing those jobs that hurts!
Keep drinking the sherries this weekend everyone, it's going to be a hot one 🎉🌴☀️

Quick Reply

Latest