The Student Room Group

The TSR Old Age Home

Scroll to see replies

If you're like me you used to be able to do things like folding the washing whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. Now I haven't even made it to the tumble dryer before steam is coming out of kettle. Progress might have been made, and I might not fill it completely now, but I don't think it boils that much faster than before! Worrying!!
Never felt as auld and decrepit as I have this past fortnight :lol:
Definitely feeling a bit creaky these days so I have started doing a Stretch and Flex class every Thursday lunchtime. It is only half an hour so I can fit it in to an extended lunch break - moves and stretches that I could do without attending a class, but I know that I won't.
Jab 2 this weekend - feeling quite positive as a result and if the roadmap date of 21st is moved out it really won't affect me as I am quite happy being fairly antisocial :smile:
Original post by ReadingMum
Definitely feeling a bit creaky these days so I have started doing a Stretch and Flex class every Thursday lunchtime. It is only half an hour so I can fit it in to an extended lunch break - moves and stretches that I could do without attending a class, but I know that I won't.
Jab 2 this weekend - feeling quite positive as a result and if the roadmap date of 21st is moved out it really won't affect me as I am quite happy being fairly antisocial :smile:

Good Luck with jab 2 Reading Mum! My second one had even less effect on me than the first :h:

A former work colleague and friend has started posting a "Yoga Pose of the Week" on her Facebook page. This week's is "Standing Lotus Open Greeting Morning" or some such, and shows her standing on one leg, whilst stretching the other to its maximum extent, at about 10 o'clock. This is so obviously impossible, it looks photoshopped. But just to rub it in, she is grasping the big toe of the extended leg with one hand, whilst the other arm is stretched high above her head in a graceful, ballet-dancer-type arc. Her facial expression is not - as you and I might expect - the eye-popping grimace that signals, "I think I've permanently damaged myself". Instead, she is gazing serenely into the middle distance, a Mona Lisa smile playing about her lips. The sun is shining and there is, of course, a statue of the Buddha in the background.

I now hate her.
same here...felt really rough for 3vdays after the 1st AZ jab. Had the second last weekend and it has been a breeze. Just a sore arm for a day or two. Result!!
Same here, only my jabs were a mix and match. AZ for the first and pfeizer for the second. Apart from a slightly sore arm, no side effects from the second and only slight worries with the AZ.
Original post by OrielMum
same here...felt really rough for 3vdays after the 1st AZ jab. Had the second last weekend and it has been a breeze. Just a sore arm for a day or two. Result!!

I'm not eligible at all yet ;(
I'm sure I'll be in the next age category
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349

France is lagging behind the U.K on the vaccination front, but due to my DH's health problems the whole family have been done. Just hope for the younger generation there are no delayed reactions!🤞🤞

They seem to be calling for people in their early 20s here but then we also have surge testing :frown:
They seem to be calling for people in their early 20s here but then we also have surge testing :frown:

one of my colleagues who is younger than me got offered their first today ;-;
Original post by Nobody2u
France is lagging behind the U.K on the vaccination front, but due to my DH's health problems the whole family have been done. Just hope for the younger generation there are no delayed reactions!🤞🤞

DH?
Yeah I have french colleagues and one of them mentioned that France is behind a bit
OH, DH otherwise known as husband!🤣
Original post by Nobody2u
OH, DH otherwise known as husband!🤣

Oh I would have understood if you had said "Significant Other" or SO

You young whipper snapper! Hope you get it soon
Oh I would have understood if you had said "Significant Other" or SO

Sorry; I'm. bit out of phase!🤣
Original post by harrysbar
You young whipper snapper! Hope you get it soon

For clarity, I assume you mean the jab ?
Original post by meddad
For clarity, I assume you mean the jab ?

Ooh, matron!
I have the perfect antidote to feeling old. I’ve got myself a new toy boy...
Original post by Oxford Mum
I have the perfect antidote to feeling old. I’ve got myself a new toy boy...

Closest antidote for me is feeling old is watching love island, and imagining that I would actually fit into a bikini.

Quick Reply

Latest