Thafeery
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi !
I am in year 10 and now i am doing my gcses but i really dont like the subjects i choosed but its too late to change them , and i am wondering if I moved from my school and went to another school , at my new school would i be able to change the subjects i choosed or would the school keep the subjects i choosed at my old school ?
Thanks
ApplePi55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think most schools would try and keep the same subjects as it’s very difficult and a long process to change your GCSE’s. However, I think this depends on the school though, you could contact the school if you were to move schools?

(Oh sorry, at my school GCSE’s started in yr9 so I had that in mind, do you start in year 10? You might have a better chance if you started in year 10)
Last edited by ApplePi55; 8 months ago
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Yeah we started it to think about the gcse and the school started giving us information about that you know the school is giving us more information on the subjects for gcse but the real gcse starts in year 10 .
Also thank you for replying , that helped me alot thank you
Last edited by Thafeery; 8 months ago
ApplePi55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Glad it helped
200emabro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey, what did you do in the end? I am currently trying to switch one of my options and I'm just hoping my school will let me.
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Well , i was not able to move into another school butttt after i talked to the gcse teacher that I want to move into and i told her about everything she agreed , my advice to you is that you talk to the teacher not the office because the office will not be bothered about you and you’re gcse grades so talk to the teacher also if you really reallyy dont like that subject get a very bad grades in it at that time the school will ofc let you change , one of my friends did it , the gcse subject she choosed was very bad to her so she tried to change it but they said no after they saw her grades at that subject and how it was ver bad they agreed .
Hope that helps
Goodd luck ^_^ 🌟
200emabro
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Thafeery)
Well , i was not able to move into another school butttt after i talked to the gcse teacher that I want to move into and i told her about everything she agreed , my advice to you is that you talk to the teacher not the office because the office will not be bothered about you and you’re gcse grades so talk to the teacher also if you really reallyy dont like that subject get a very bad grades in it at that time the school will ofc let you change , one of my friends did it , the gcse subject she choosed was very bad to her so she tried to change it but they said no after they saw her grades at that subject and how it was ver bad they agreed .
Hope that helps
Goodd luck ^_^ 🌟
Hey I'm so happy to hear you were able to change (unless I read the post wrong), that's given me encouragment that i can change, as after all it's only 1 month later. Good advice about talking to the teacher thanks

Edit: haha sometimes i feel like we're robots just there to get the highest grade we can, rather than switching to a subject we enjoy
Last edited by 200emabro; 6 months ago
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Yes it is really good that its been only one month I changed the subject after 4 months of studying it 😂🤦🏻*♀️ but i am pretty sure it will be very easy for because its only one month tho so thats great . 🙂
^_^.
Yh right we have to study subjects that got nothing to do with our dream job but still beed to get a very high mark in them :/ hahah 😂
Last edited by Thafeery; 6 months ago
200emabro
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'll know next week if I've been allowed to switch, I'll let you know what happens
200emabro
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 200emabro)
I'll know next week if I've been allowed to switch, I'll let you know what happens
I was allowed to switch in the end but it took a while
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Good luckk make sure u do ur best 💙
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads