The Student Room Group

I'm 14 and have a crush on a 19 year old... is this bad

I have always had a crush on him, but never said so to anyone. The other night he talked to my mom about marrying me (when I'm over 18, of course!) He really is the nicest guy ever and he is perfect to me, except our age difference. I would never do or say anything sexual because I know that I am under the age of consent. Maybe it's best that I not tell anyone my secret. Is it bad that I think of him this way? Or is it normal?
It's normal for you to like someone regardless of their age but I highly doubt that a 19 year old would go out with a 14 year old. Legally it'd just be wrong, too tbh
Sounds fine to me
Wait until you're 16 - or do whatever you feel is best, as long as he's not wanting you just for you know them i guess it's fine... make sure your parents are okay with this too.
and your mum is ok with that?
honestly, ive had first hand experience with older boys and i can truthfully say IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
Original post by shak101
Weird. Move on. Find someone new.

I agree with this, please move on, I know at 14 you think you know what you want but please move on for now, if it is right then it’ll happen at a better time in your life
The second sentence is moving booky - he sounds like a weird guy
Are you from the UK?
Original post by YaliaV123
Are you from the UK?

No, from the US
The issue isn't you, this issue is him. He's nearly 20 crushing on someone in year 9. That's incredibly strange behaviour. I would run. Very fast.

It's normal to like boys older than you but the other way around for him with that big a gap (and it is a big gap for your ages) is weird on his part.
Original post by Anonymous
The issue isn't you, this issue is him. He's nearly 20 crushing on someone in year 9. That's incredibly strange behaviour. I would run. Very fast.

It's normal to like boys older than you but the other way around for him with that big a gap (and it is a big gap for your ages) is weird on his part.

Thank you for your opinion, I think this comment is this most useful one so far! :smile:
Original post by truthteller46
Thank you for your opinion, I think this comment is this most useful one so far! :smile:

Thank you for being mature about it, most girls your age would argue. As a past 19 year old, dating a 14 year old would never even cross my mind. All of my friends would agree no doubt about it. The difference in life stages and often is extreme. Not to mention, you're basically a child (no offence).

Boys often have a rule (which is half a joke but half serious). Half plus 7. I.e. divide the boys age by 2 and add 7 and that should be his minimum age to date. Now this isn't a hard rule, just a guideline, but you're way below his guideline.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for being mature about it, most girls your age would argue. As a past 19 year old, dating a 14 year old would never even cross my mind. All of my friends would agree no doubt about it. The difference in life stages and often is extreme. Not to mention, you're basically a child (no offence).

Boys often have a rule (which is half a joke but half serious). Half plus 7. I.e. divide the boys age by 2 and add 7 and that should be his minimum age to date. Now this isn't a hard rule, just a guideline, but you're way below his guideline.

No offense taken. I completely understand what you mean. I can look at this situation in many different ways, and I respect everyone's opinion. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending