vithuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello I am in 2nd year now studying sociology, and I am struggling to choose a dissertation topic. I am interested in feminism and the media, if anyone can help me out it will be helpful.
Thank you x
Sentinel_3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Why Women Earn Less in Screen Media.

Trolling, Women and Social Media

Shame: Why Women Are Oppressed by a Globalised Media.

The Changing Face of Sexism: A Study of Women's Portrayal in TV Adverts.

Analysing Modern Feminist Understandings of Media Today.

How Media and Intersectionality can cross over in the media - A Feminist Take.

Just a few ideas
vithuu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Sentinel_3)
Why Women Earn Less in Screen Media.

Trolling, Women and Social Media

Shame: Why Women Are Oppressed by a Globalised Media.

The Changing Face of Sexism: A Study of Women's Portrayal in TV Adverts.

Analysing Modern Feminist Understandings of Media Today.

How Media and Intersectionality can cross over in the media - A Feminist Take.

Just a few ideas
You are a life saver! Thank you
Have you written your dissertation yet, if you have do you have any tips? For this semester I need to write a proposal
Sentinel_3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by vithuu)
You are a life saver! Thank you
Have you written your dissertation yet, if you have do you have any tips? For this semester I need to write a proposal
Im a bit older now, I finished my Sociology Undergrad in 2017 doing further education now.

I did primary research so it's maybe a bit different, but I suggest you start early and check what literature exists before getting started. This is undergrad do you can't write a 70000-word thesis, so pick something supported by recent articles and books that you can cross-reference with older material to build a critical narrative but also try and have some fun with it, explore something interesting and enjoy writing about it.

Also start asap in the Third Year, I ended up writing mine in two weeks - 10,000 words - I don't advise it!!
vithuu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Sentinel_3)
Im a bit older now, I finished my Sociology Undergrad in 2017 doing further education now.

I did primary research so it's maybe a bit different, but I suggest you start early and check what literature exists before getting started. This is undergrad do you can't write a 70000-word thesis, so pick something supported by recent articles and books that you can cross-reference with older material to build a critical narrative but also try and have some fun with it, explore something interesting and enjoy writing about it.

Also start asap in the Third Year, I ended up writing mine in two weeks - 10,000 words - I don't advise it!!
Okay thank you for the advice I am considering to switching the topic to gender inequalities especially to do with BAME women. I feel like that might be easier and interesting as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads