helenhuang012
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Gov. allowing iB to be teacher assessed like A level & gcse (iB en route cancelled)

Today the Minister of Education and Ofqual released official government survey of CANCELLING IB MAY 2021. Summary states they would allow iB exams to be cancelled and teacher assessed just like A level (no algorithm).

Please fill out [the official gov. consultation SURVEY](https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ACIHL2/) the gov. produced, FILL question 12: select follow arrangements of A level if you want iB cancelled - don’t need to fill out the rest of the qs as they’re not applicable to iB.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: this survey produced by the UK minister, also applies to you as they want qualifications to be the same internationally - the more responses the better!

Please fill this out & SHARE the link on PLATFORMS ESP TWITTER - we finally have a voice!!!

The official gov. document can be found [HERE](https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ations-in-2021) and pg25 speaks about iB.
sammydoublet1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you very much for this - how likely then that IB exams will be cancelled?
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you sure you want to have teacher-assessed grades? I mean it might be very unfair for students who have crappy teachers or very strict ones who might give them lower grades, or simply when the teacher doesn't like a student... tbh not the best choice imo
Polly_PP
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by VanillaCream)
are you sure you want to have teacher-assessed grades? I mean it might be very unfair for students who have crappy teachers or very strict ones who might give them lower grades, or simply when the teacher doesn't like a student... tbh not the best choice
agreed. Even IB was cancelled, prefer to be marked by Examiner
VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Polly_PP)
agreed. Even IB was cancelled, prefer to be marked by Examiner
wait you mean, 'even IF IB was cacelled', right? cause it wasn't right?
Polly_PP
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by VanillaCream)
wait you mean, 'even IF IB was cacelled', right? cause it wasn't right?
IB not announced anything till now but some of my friends think it will be cancelled . For me, I want to take the exam but I think it will be fair as teacher-assessed grade may involve bias
VanillaCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Polly_PP)
IB not announced anything till now but some of my friends think it will be cancelled . For me, I want to take the exam but I think it will be fair as teacher-assessed grade may involve bias
yeah, right, I just thought from what you wrote that maybe your teachers informed you of something and got stressed that they are for sure cancelled haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (73)
11.87%
Virtual campus tours/open days (150)
24.39%
Live streaming events (51)
8.29%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
8.94%
A uni comparison tool (144)
23.41%
An in-person event when available (142)
23.09%