saaraa1080
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Name:  AB0E6D31-1939-4F33-9DED-9B81F2EA4940.jpg.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  56.1 KB
a)how far do you agree with interpretation 2 about Nazi Policies towards women?

jbrdodd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by saaraa1080)
Name:  AB0E6D31-1939-4F33-9DED-9B81F2EA4940.jpg.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  56.1 KB
a)how far do you agree with interpretation 2 about Nazi Policies towards women?
I havent done nazi germany in years but the quote “young girls all good german women should be married and have children” may be an argument to disagree with as the people in the school wouldve been taught this but wouldnt of been having children, as it wouldve been women who were out of school by the time the nazi regime came into power
saaraa1080
Rep:
?
(Original post by jbrdodd)
I havent done nazi germany in years but the quote “young girls all good german women should be married and have children” may be an argument to disagree with as the people in the school wouldve been taught this but wouldnt of been having children, as it wouldve been women who were out of school by the time the nazi regime came into power
thank you!
jbrdodd
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Maybe you could perhaps further disagree with interpretation 2 with the quote “Hitler was very clear that women should bring up children at home...” as interpretation 1 clearly shows he wasnt, If he was why did they end up working for agriculture and industry? Shows the unreliabity of source 2
jbrdodd
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Then again, you can also agree with it due to the hitler youth and womens youth (dont know name for it) which encouraged stereotypical gender norms where men went to work and fought, and women stayed at home and learned how to cook etc
saaraa1080
Rep:
?
(Original post by jbrdodd)
Then again, you can also agree with it due to the hitler youth and womens youth (dont know name for it) which encouraged stereotypical gender norms where men went to work and fought, and women stayed at home and learned how to cook etc
thanks you’ve helped me so much 🤍
Haraldje
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
According to Nazi ideology the task of women was to have as many children as possible, so that there would be a sufficient supply of soldiers in the future. So women should rather stay home, breed and raise children instead of going to work.

That seems that Nazis valued women less than men, but strangely the opposite was true. They recognized the importance of women for a strong state, as being the source of future soldiers. It was just that men and women had different tasks.

They even had a mother cross for women who received at least four children. It was comparable to the Iron Cross for men who fought bravely at the frontiers.

But when war broke out and more and more men went to the frontiers and they needed workers in the arms industry then the Nazis readily employed women for all kinds of work formerly regarded as "male only".
saaraa1080
Rep:
?
(Original post by Haraldje)
According to Nazi ideology the task of women was to have as many children as possible, so that there would be a sufficient supply of soldiers in the future. So women should rather stay home, breed and raise children instead of going to work.

That seems that Nazis valued women less than men, but strangely the opposite was true. They recognized the importance of women for a strong state, as being the source of future soldiers. It was just that men and women had different tasks.

They even had a mother cross for women who received at least four children. It was comparable to the Iron Cross for men who fought bravely at the frontiers.

But when war broke out and more and more men went to the frontiers and they needed workers in the arms industry then the Nazis readily employed women for all kinds of work formerly regarded as "male only".
thank youu!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads