medicineeverest
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got my EPQ result on Thursday and got 100% and an A*. My EPQ was on artificial wombs. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Cheesecake04
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1- How did you structure it ?
2- How did you reference your facts ?
3- What sources did you use?
AimeeJayne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, this is a very general question, but how did you structure your presentation? I've finished my dissertation but my teacher has given zero guidance on what to include in our presentation, and it's due in a couple of weeks
Congarts on getting 100%!!! :-)
medicineeverest
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cheesecake04)
1- How did you structure it ?
2- How did you reference your facts ?
3- What sources did you use?
1. I did an intro and conclusion and 5 main sections. Each section had a heading and 2-5 paragraphs depending on the depth of my ideas. Mine was about a new medical technology so I started off with why it was needed (and why pre-existing tech doesn't work), then talked about what the new tech was before evaluating the pros and cons.
2. I referenced using numbers and footnotes. And in the footnote, I'd write the author(s)' name, publication date, title, journal. If I repeated a reference, I'd use just their name and the date. For online sources, like websites, I also added when I accessed them and the web address. At the end, I did a bibliography, which had all the sources I'd referenced, as well as books/essays I'd read that probably influenced my opinion but not explicitly. And my bibliography had all my sources in alphabetical order by author's surname.
3. I looked at the NHS website, other healthcare websites like MayoCinic, Youtube videos that explained key processes, googled artificial wombs to see if any books came up (wasn't that helpful). Mostly, I used Google Scholar to find articles and there were quite a few authors I used multiple articles from so I ended up going through their institution page as it was easier to access their articles.

Hope that helps!
medicineeverest
Rep:
?
(Original post by AimeeJayne)
Hi, this is a very general question, but how did you structure your presentation? I've finished my dissertation but my teacher has given zero guidance on what to include in our presentation, and it's due in a couple of weeks
Congarts on getting 100%!!! :-)
Apologies, I've only just seen this - good luck!! It depends what your presentation is to be honest. For mine, we had a plan for an audience of year 7s to parents/teachers, for people with no previous understanding of the topic, and to last ~10 mins. I made a powerpoint which had very few words, just the headings for each of the sections I was talking about and lots of pictures. Mine was about science and there's quite a lot of confusing language so I tried to cut as much as that out as possible and to explain what I had to include. You'll need to change the tone of your presentation to make it professional but also friendly, and assume people aren't experts. What your topic? Let me know if I can be of more help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads