Edinburgh university- best accommodation 2021??

Watch
Leilawilc02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone!

In September this year, I will be starting Edinburgh Uni. I'm guessing that I'll have to apply for accommodation pretty soon, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my choices.

Preferably I would like to go self-catered, but I've heard that all of the self-catered accoms are 'anti-social'!? I'd love to go somewhere where I can meet lots of people and have fun, and apparently Pollock Halls is good for that but I'm worried incase I don't like the catered food so far my self-catered choices are Salisbury Court, Holyrood and Beaverbank but if someone could point me in the right direction or tell me of their experiences that would be fab.

Thank you!
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My brother was at Pollock and he said it was good, there was quite a lot of options on offer and he liked that it was the biggest halls. Sorry I can’t remember anymore it was at least 6 years ago so it might have changed since then!
Leilawilc02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by thepunmaster.e)
My brother was at Pollock and he said it was good, there was quite a lot of options on offer and he liked that it was the biggest halls. Sorry I can’t remember anymore it was at least 6 years ago so it might have changed since then!
Ohh okay thats great to know, thank you! A lot of people have recommended Pollock, I'm just 50/50 on the fact its catered....
katie4484
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Leilawilc02)
Ohh okay thats great to know, thank you! A lot of people have recommended Pollock, I'm just 50/50 on the fact its catered....
I am in exactly the same position (particularly as I am vegetarian and I haven't always had the best vegetarian food experiences but I chose this diet so I can't really complain)... I would rather go self-catered but I'd rather be somewhere social and catered than somewhere self-catered and unsocial... I think I might choose Pollock in the end as it seems to be the most social
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.86%
Uncertainty around my education (93)
11.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (84)
10.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.7%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.49%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (90)
10.99%
Financial worries (57)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.35%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.05%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (79)
9.65%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise