The Student Room Group

How do I store these after cooking them?

Is there anyway I can take baby potatoes to work for lunch to eat? There’s no fridge and I might not have access to a microwave (depends on the que)

I’m not keen on spending lots of time preparing food so what would be the best way to do this? If I boiled a few of them together would they store in the fridge for 4 days ? Then I could just add them to a tub of good the night before each day..
(edited 3 years ago)
Maybe keep it warm, or in a warm container so you don't have to wait the long que
Reply 2
Store what? Most fridge stored foods are ok for 4 hours at room temperature. You can also use insulated or cool bags.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Store what? Most fridge stored foods are ok for 4 hours at room temperature. You can also use insulated or cool bags.

Sorry I meant baby potatoes
Reply 4
Tasty. Cook them day before, let them cool, store in fridge overnight. Take to work, if you are going to eat them within 4 hours room temperature storage is fine. If longer than this keep them in a cool bag, taking them out a bit before if you want them to warm up a bit before eating.
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
Tasty. Cook them day before, let them cool, store in fridge overnight. Take to work, if you are going to eat them within 4 hours room temperature storage is fine. If longer than this keep them in a cool bag, taking them out a bit before if you want them to warm up a bit before eating.

I don’t want to be cooking them every night though.

What I’m asking is how many days can they be left in the fridge as part of a meal prep once cooked.
Reply 6
Original post by Redfrost
I don’t want to be cooking them every night though.

What I’m asking is how many days can they be left in the fridge as part of a meal prep once cooked.

I see. If you cook them, cool, cover and refrigerate promptly they will be good for a few days in the fridge, I would go up to 5 days
I wouldn't keep them in the fridge for more than 3 days.
3-4 days max is a good guideline for cooked foods that you can't find covered in a list like this one.
Reply 9
I think you can freeze them as well and just defrost them the night before
Buy a food thermos.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Buy a food thermos.

yh you can but soup things like this. they hold a lot and are very decent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending